How To Install Oil Injection Block Off Kit

01blaster_freak

May 11, 2007
First step, warm up engine. Drain the oil from transmission. Retighten bolt @ 14 ft. lb. of torque. Remove foot peg.

Cut the two oil lines out of the top of the sidecase. SAVE the plug that goes into the front cover. You are going to use it late. Insert a plug (bolt, screw etc.) into the lines so oil wont drip out everywhere. Pull the oil line from the carb fitting. Cut & Remove the oil lines leading from the tank to the pump, drain and clamp off to prevent spillage. Remove the stock plastic oil tank from the rear of the Blaster, draining all the YamaGoop. Remove the front, stock, plastic Injector Oil Pump Cover. There are two bolts that hold the oil pump, remove the bolts and pull the pump out. Now, remove the rest of the bolts that hold the main sidecase in place. You may need an impact driver to loosen the Phillips screws, be careful not to strip them.

There are two bolts that hold the oil pump, remove the bolts and pull the pump out.

Two screws and a little coaxing, the pump came off.

Next remove the rest of the bolts that hold the main sidecase in place. You may need an impact driver to loosen the Phillips screws, be careful not to strip them. You may have a hard time getting the kick starter off, be patient. You can see the clutches. It's a good idea to inspect them for wear.

With the cover removed, you will see a plastic drive gear. Pop-off the "C" Clip, pull the pin and gear out. Now remove the second "C" Clip and the worm gear will push out. Take a pair of pliers and pull the steel spacer out of the side case. The gear removes with two e-clips

When you are done, and before you install the front oil cover, use the stock rubber grommet that the oil injector lines ran through. Put some black silicone where the grommet meets the case, then fill the holes with silicone. While this is drying, Install the Sidecase DRY, using the new Clutch Cover Gasket, making sure both surfaces are clean, and the dowel pin is in place. Later, you can use silicone to install the front oil cover, or just bolt it on. We like to use a thin bead of Silicone as a moisture related safety precaution.

Now you can install the gasket and block-off plate provided in the kit. Use Lock-Tite on the machine screws and don't forget the lock washers.

Fill your transmission case with .70 of a Quart of 75 OR 80 Weight Motorcycle 2-cycle Transmission Fluid such as Maxima MTL NO Automotive Oils!! DO NOT Overfill, as it causes excessive internal pressure and could blow out a gasket(s). Forget the sight window in the engine case. If your engine is not leaking, you don't need to add oil as it has nowhere else to go.

FINALLY Don't forget to empty you gas tank of ALL of the gas you have in there before you removed the Oil Injection System. if you throw Pre-Mix on top of straight gas, you just diluted the mixing ratio. So........ Please make sure you drain it direct from the petcock under the tank. And when finsihed, double check all fittings and hoses. Then add you new Pre-Mix to start the Blaster after the Oil Injection System has been removed.

What are the benefits of doin this?

Any where do i got a kit?

Thnx

Benefits: Able to mix what ever ratio you like, (Reliability) although i hear it works fine, Just something else you have to deal with when you have to trouble shoot problems (like the Tors system), I have other 2-strokes so I just mix one big batch of fuel up.

Do you need a kit I would say yes unless u r familiar with your blaster motor. Because there is a oakie way to do it.

Can i not just pull the oil pipe out of the carb, and empty the 2 stroke tank? and premix?

Or would this damage the oil pump for future owners?

What ratio is best with super unleaded?

Thnx

hey blasterUK i live in the uk too where are you from? and no you can't really just pull out the pipe the best way is the get a oil block off kit they are like £15 and the is no chance of your engine dieing if done properly

with unleaded the ratio is 33:1 i think I:I

I was looking at the way the pump is mounted. can't you take the nylon gear out so the pump doesn't turn and premix (leave pump installed) and drain tank ,etc?
thanks

Last edited:
yes this exactly how i did it im not blowing 30 bucks on a piece of metal and a gasket

28:1 is way to much oil the oil injection oiled it 32:1 you should mix it 40:1 you would get on the pipe alot faster then what you will with 28:1 because it wont take as much time to clear out.

yeah you can remove the pump gear and reinstall the pump.

i have seen some just unplug the injector hose from the carb and drain the premix tank.
you can do this for the same effect, but if the gear breaks inside, and it will eventually whether you are using the premix pump or not, then you end up with pieces of it throughout your engine.
(not a good thought) but in most cases you may have to readjust your carb fuel air/mixture.

question... bou the kit and i removed the pump and then on the other side the white gear and circle thing with the 2 c clips. now i have the metal spacer in there i cant get out how is it held in i cant see anything holding it but it wont budge? thanks

well figured it out i had to rip off the black seal and then turn the sleeve and pull it out. thanks anyway

what the previous owner of my blaster did, was just left the oil tank empty and premixed 32:1..is that bad?