how to get my plastic off

blasterboy32

Jan 9, 2012
harrisburg, pennsylvania
Im strippibng down my blaster to repaint it and cant get either one of the front fenders off. I cant get the screw out thats on the front of the left fender and the screw thats on the back of the right fender. They both have nuts on the back. Im not sure if this is how it comes from yamaha but thats whats holding my plastic on and they're really rusted. Should i try cutting them with a saw zaw? I already tried spraying them with liquid wrench and cant heat them up because ill melt the plastic. any ideas?

Take a drill bit that is a size or two larger then the shaft of the screw and start drilling in the center of the screw head. When you drill down to the shaft, the head will pop loose.

If you use the hammer technique, remove the nut and replace it upside down, screw it up to within a turn of stopping.

This is to stop you hitting the threads if you miss with the hammer.

It is not the nut you hit, it is the arm the tie rod fits into that you hit, and hit it on the end, so that the taper elongates and loosens its grip on the rod.

If you chance to miss and hit the nut, run the nut off and on again a few times, until it is easy to turn by fingers, if you don't. it is very hard to get the nut off when the rod end comes loose as it will spin.

Tip: Don't be a "pussy" and tap with the FBH, grab it by the shaft and give it the works.

Tip: Don't be a "pussy" and tap with the FBH, grab it by the shaft and give it the works.

Sounds more like how to fix a lonely Saterday night then a Blaster.