How To Clean Your Carbureutor

I'm tryin to get my carb off , how do I get the black off in the back of the carb?

Never tip a carburetor upside down to remove the bowl screws. the sediment and crap sitting at the bottom of the bowl is less than 20 micron, which is what gets past the fuel filter. This fine sludge can get lodged in tiny orifaces and stuck in places that are impossible to spray out with carb cleaner.

In your second picture there is a little hole beside where the gas line hooks up and the choke, is that just supposed to be open?

DSCF0208.jpg

In your second picture there is a little hole beside where the gas line hooks up and the choke, is that just supposed to be open?

DSCF0208.jpg

Yes, that hole is supposed to be there. The banshee has 2 carbs with a tube connecting them and i think that is why that hole is there. It is drilled through then plugged for banshees and just not drilled on blasters.

Never tip a carburetor upside down to remove the bowl screws. the sediment and crap sitting at the bottom of the bowl is less than 20 micron, which is what gets past the fuel filter. This fine sludge can get lodged in tiny orifaces and stuck in places that are impossible to spray out with carb cleaner.

There are no fuel filters on blasters unless you install one yourself.

With all the bouncing around the carb does all that stuff is bound to get all gunked up anyways.

No offense, nice thought, just not practical.

I install inline filters on every engine I own. I change them twice a year or if I notice any crap on the stone or filament depending on the type. They can be had at any bike or auto store for only 2 bucks. and install on the fuel line between the tank and carb.Cheap insurance against a sputtering machine or fuel pouring out of your carb.

hey im fairly new to this my carb needs to be cleand its a keihn racing carb 35mm is it the same steps and sh*t for my carb it is the same year quad if that helps.

hay i am new but how much turns is jour pilot jet because my yamaha blaster wont idle.

please help

hay i am new but how much turns is jour pilot jet because my yamaha blaster wont idle.

please help

mine was seven turns yours may be diff though.

i have a question guys, my carb looks exactly like his and is the same brand (mikuni) which carb repair kit should i buy? i couldnt find the model on it...