How should I clean my plastics

Abrozosky912

Apr 1, 2016
image.jpeg
I am new to this fourm and I am wondering the best and cheapest way for me to clean my plastics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 304
First wipe it down with some acetone or alcohol then wet sand it...start with 320 then 600 and finish it off with 1200 grit . Use a lot of water and keep the paper clean . Sand in 1 direction . Polish it up with some wax . It's a lot of work but your plastics will look like new

Reactions: MotoMom
My old Tri-moto 175 after I wet sanded the plastics . They were all black and cruded up . Looked worse than yours . Wish I kept that it was fun to ride

P041109154859_zps8mfnqvah.jpg

P032709204444.jpg

First wipe it down with some acetone or alcohol then wet sand it...start with 320 then 600 and finish it off with 1200 grit . Use a lot of water and keep the paper clean . Sand in 1 direction . Polish it up with some wax . It's a lot of work but your plastics will look like new
Great looking machine! do either of you have before/after pics? have never tried this before... would it work the same for boot rash?

I did the sand, buff, polish method on my rear fender to get rid of the gnarled edges from rollovers (i assume on pavement). Its up to you but I regret it. My plastics smoothed out real good but now they don't have that glossy finish anymore. I only did one fender so I could compare and it is smooth but not glossy anymore. I sanded all the way down to 1500 grit then used rubbing compound and then waxed so I'm pretty sure I did the right process but I regret it because my fender will never be as glossy as it use to be.

I also did the sandpaper job on mine, just used dish washing soap and 3 stages of sandpaper, good polish afterwards, worked like a bomb! Graphics is the new problem now.. Ebay is crazy with prices