How do I quickly remove rattle paint from plastics?

Dec 29, 2014
The Netherlands
So, I have 2 plastic sets laying in my shed, they both are painted extremely professionally (cough sarcasm)
do you guys have any tips on removing this paint quickly,
I've already tried a heat gun with a knife and paint thinner
the heat gun was a disaster, it made the plastic soft
and the paint thinner takes for ever.
are there any tips/tricks on removing paint from plastic? maybe 400/600 grit sandpaper?

So, I have 2 plastic sets laying in my shed, they both are painted extremely professionally (cough sarcasm)
do you guys have any tips on removing this paint quickly,
I've already tried a heat gun with a knife and paint thinner
the heat gun was a disaster, it made the plastic soft
and the paint thinner takes for ever.
are there any tips/tricks on removing paint from plastic? maybe 400/600 grit sandpaper?
Verf afbijt , verkopen ze in spuitbus en pot voor met de kwast.
werkt super! begint meteen los te blaren:) spuit je met de tuinslang zuiver!
Ik koop het normaal bij de leger dump,zal ook gewoon bij de automaterialen zaak te koop zijn.
Succes ermee

Reactions: littlegreen250
One of those green sos pads for dishes work amazing for wiping off or just a wool pad really anything it works amazing it's made from citrus so it won't damage the plastic but will/can irritate ur skin so be carefull

If you cover the stripper with Aluminium kitchen foil, it will stop the release of the solvent gases and it will make paint removal so much easier.

Reactions: Goldfox_32
im not sure the effects it has on the plastic cuz i never did it other then accidental
spill it when bleeding/filling brake resovoirs but
brake fluid dot3 or 4 lol
will deffinitly strip spray paint:D
spill some your your spray painted plastic you will see lol

also heard of people using this
super clean.JPG

I've used spray oven cleaner before. Won't damage the plastic.

Oven cleaner also removes dye pack ink from dollar bills, if you ever find yourself in a situation with bills that need "cleaning".

Reactions: Face78
carb cleaner. end of discussion.

use steel wool, then 1000+ grit sand paper. then make sure you get a rattle can of clear coat that is outdoor quality and paint it properly

+1 to carb cleaner....makes short work of spray paint anytime....luckily the dollar store sells gumout carb cleaner for like 2$