how a 2 stroke works

yb200

Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
i seen blaster 1993 was asking how a 2 stroke works and some others might want to know..here it is

edit: old vid not working, here's a few new ones.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ikilledcasey
don't skip to 1.44. watch the whole thing....its all good, man. it explains teh difference between 4 and 2 strokes. most people know that a 2 stroke doesnt have "valves" but most people dont realize that a 2 stroke does in 1 rotation what a 4 stroke does in 2. there are a ton of differences. that video is very helpful......how many here knew the piston acts as a valve, before watching that? i did!!!!!

the reed opening ar flexy card type material so do they not open when ta petrol, air mix is pushed tru? correct me if im wrong but i dont think there is any timing chain

the reed opening ar flexy card type material so do they not open when ta petrol, air mix is pushed tru? correct me if im wrong but i dont think there is any timing chain

when its on the up stroke it pulls in the air fuel oil mix and on the down stroke it compresses keeping the reeds closed and letting the fuel through the transfer ports to the cylinder

Great post yb. If anyone wants to learn more about 2strokes in an in-depth discussion I recommended the book 2stroke performance tuning by adam g bells, best $20 I ever spent! you can download a pfd for free but it really doesn't help you much reading it on the comp, get the book its much easier to read and learn from it.