help with blaster jets

braaaap

Dec 19, 2011
hey i have a 2001 yamaha blaster bored .50 over with fmf gold series pipe, and v force reeds. i was wondering what size jets i should use. someone told me 280 but i dont know if thats right. so please let me know.

280 sounds about right for a FMF. I've seen several people using that combo. I'm assuming stock air filter. Air box lid on/off?
With the air box lid off and the colder temps you may want to try a 290 and work your way down.

I'll third that notion if ya have the lid off the air box or at least have holes in it, Otherwise u may actually jet lower 250-270, If it were my quad I'd start at 290m and go from there!

i dont like the vented airbox lid. my blaster with the toomey b1 system died right away with vented lid, i run the lid off and run a 330 main jet in winter and 300 jet in summer. but yeah 280 sounds right for fmf

i dont like the vented airbox lid. my blaster with the toomey b1 system died right away with vented lid, i run the lid off and run a 330 main jet in winter and 300 jet in summer. but yeah 280 sounds right for fmf

The vents are really too small to make any difference. Best is no lid with an Outer Wears filter cover. I run an a/m air box with a UNI + Outer Wears. Best combo imo.