Help with axel

Pj Uptmor

Mar 11, 2015
The blaster didn't come with a axel so I got one off Ebay .it was supposed to be a banshee axel. The rotor has about a lot of room to mover around. I found a bent blaster axel to compare it . the blaster axel has a rise spacer on the rotor side. is that part of the axel or is that the spacer i am missing. I tried to removing it. can some post a pic of the blaster axel . so I can see if it part the axel r it can be remove.
I try to post a pic of what I am.try to say.

The axle has a bearing on the sprotcket side of the axle
DSCF0225.jpg

Sorry on the rotor side of the axle. The new axle doesn't have it and the rotor has room to move and it is tight. the splines is up against the bearing in the axle housing. I must no have a blaster axle.

How can I down load pics to the forum?

I've never used a banshee axle, this is all off memory of posts on here, and may not be correct ? ..........

When converting to a banshee axle, you need to use the banshee non floating brake disc and hub.

The blaster axle has that bushing to ride in the seal on that side, due to the floating disc sitting out further, moving around as pads wear.

The banshee non floating brake hub sits in further, and extends into the seal. No axle bushing needed.

You need a banshee brake hub/disc to use that axle in a pre 03 carrier, so the hub seats in the seal.
Not sure how cable brakes match up to non floating disc ?

Thank u Awk08
Do u have any more leak down test available? I getting to that stage to getting anything seal up..
thank again AWK08

I've never used a banshee axle, this is all off memory of posts on here, and may not be correct ? ..........
<SNIP>
Not sure how cable brakes match up to non floating disc ?

The cable caliper will not work with the non floating disc (fixed rotor) because the outside pad is fixed too.

Looks like a good time to convert the rear to hydraulic brakes!
Put it all together with the fixed rotor in place. The hydraulic caliper can be installed later.

AWK had a great kit and I have been intending to post a thread on installing Warrior caliper on the early carrier but work has been too busy lately.