Help port and polish

Putmeonblast-r

Nov 11, 2017
First off hi my name is Kenny I’m new to this forum... was wondering if u could help I want to get my head port and polished and need to know by doing so if I have to upgrade my carb?my mods are as follows piston bored .40 over full fmf fatty 2 exhaust moto vforce 4 reads no air box lid and yes it’s jetted for the open box and the exhaust I was going to do a tors delete kit on it because the person that owned it b4 me half ass deleted it and as a result I have no idle so please help and thank u in advance....

You port the cylinder, not head.
Stock carb will be fine with proper jetting for the port work.
I have a ported cylinder, Fat Bastard pipe, Vito's dual reeds , no lif, and run a stock carb, and it works fine for me.
You'll get more on the top end and loose on the bottom end with a bigger carb.

Thank u larry’s Shee your input is very helpful I definitely dnt wanna loose out on my bottom end my blaster is geared for bottom end so top end speed would be pointless to me....

Also to speedyslyder I planned on having kenocconer do the port work and yes it does make sense to ask the person thts doing the work for there input but asking someone for there input is nothing more than there personal opinion however advanced it may be... you dnt go to the first shop u see to get your car fixed and trust everything there telling u about your car is true do you ..? No u do your research... tht being said this is a forum is it not? I’m simply getting all my info from as many people as I can...

All depends on how far you plan to mod it. A stock carb is fine for a bit but the more you mod it the more you will need a bigger carb. All depends on your plans and budget. My thoughts are in the end you will end up going to a larger carb.

All depends on how far you plan to mod it. A stock carb is fine for a bit but the more you mod it the more you will need a bigger carb. All depends on your plans and budget. My thoughts are in the end you will end up going to a larger carb.

The only mod left I plan on doing is the port and polish... but took the carb off for cleaning and tors delete kit prep and found tht the previous owner had put a 350 main jet w all the mods I have explained does this seem a bit high?

The only mod left I plan on doing is the port and polish... but took the carb off for cleaning and tors delete kit prep and found tht the previous owner had put a 350 main jet w all the mods I have explained does this seem a bit high?
All depends on mods, elevation, temps,air leaks etc Although it seems a bit high there are unusual jetting settings on different machines. I have seen 420 jets used with dynoport pipes on stock carbs. Get it all together and plug chop from there.