Help me identify my carb

Luni

Sep 9, 2009
Layton, UT
www.celicatech.com
I measured the side of the carb that goes onto the engine itself. It measured to be about 36mm (after doing inches to mm conversion). Its a Keihin.

So, if I have to buy jets for it, Id like to know what model, or at least what family its from.

I am pretty sure my pilot jet is too high and my main jet is too low. I want to buy the correct jets and possibly a couple needles to play with, but I need to know what carb to buy them for.

photo_905138.jpg

So, the PWK 36 is a 36mm carb ya?

I did clean it off, and it says PWK on it, but it doesnt tell me anything else.

On the bowl it says PWK. Then below it it says, 5DGAE and then GD seperately.

I pulled out the pilot jet, and its a 55.

Honestly I think the carb is too big for my application, assuming im NOT stroked or ported (I am bored .040 over), but its all I got, so I have to use it.

I think the pilot needs to go down a couple sizes for sure. My pilot circuit adjustment has to be like 5 turns out to get it to idle properly.

yeah, way too big for your mods, but try a 45 and 48 pilot, and anywhere from 145 - 155 for a main, just starting points, be sure to do plug chops

Yeah Ill be doing a plug chop saturday morning. Ill take my jets out with me in case Im too rich/lean.

Hopefully I can get a couple different sized pilots before then as well. Drop it down to a 45 pilot and see how it does.

I dont dude. But its what came on my quad, and I dont really have money to buy a replacement to put on there.

And the problem in my case is, I dont KNOW if its a stock motor. The thing could be stroked, or ported. I know its bored but .040 isnt a whole lot. Its good for SOME, but not MUCH.

I do know it is WAY faster than a stock one. But I also know just putting a pipe on does that.

So, yeah, I have NO idea what I have. I just know the thing runs and it runs pretty well, just overly rich.

So, maybe after my ride on saturday Ill put it up for sale, and see about getting a 30 or a 32mm carb or something smaller.

I have a thread offering a trade for it. Nobody seems to want it.