Help help help I need help jetting please

Protek

Mar 28, 2016
:cool::cool::confused:Give you a little background on the bike so far this is what I got I got a set of Vito's stage two carbon fiber reeds I also got a hot rod crank kit The top and was boarded out using a wiseco piston The piston rings bag says 68.25 i'm assuming that's the piston size And I have a pro circuit pipe I need help with jetting and also What sprockets to buy I enjoyed muddying and street riding :confused:

image.jpeg

Come on guys I need some help my blasted not riding right yeah you're looking right I'm pulling a double axle trailer would a Honda accord I got a 240 just in the car right now help help

what are the symptoms you are having. Saying your blaster is not riding right is pretty vague.
I can get the bike to Idol when I go take off fast it bogs out if I if I ease into it I could get it to go but I go through my gears real fast like I'm on six gear no tim but I go through all my gears real fast The bike used to run better when it was stock

I need your professional opinion help

I am not a professional, just experienced. I know for a fact that a 240 main is way to lean, going to fry your SHIZZ up , do not ride !!

First, with new top end were heat cycles done then retorque cyl/ head? Leakdown test done?
I searched a little for you (you're welcome !!)
What I found was 260 with lid on, 290 lid off. I did not notice elev/temps.

You made no mention of other mods such as filter, porting.
So, you always start rich and work down. Start with a 280, using plug chop/read to verify.

Make sure carb is clean and set float level. Clean filter also.

Street and mud are opposite for gearing, IMO. I would go for mud.

Thank you so much thanks for your advice wondering what would you do with the sprockets What do you recommend I should put 16/40

Still need to confirm with a plug chop / read. I can't link how to, maybe someone can, or do a search on here.

Little FYI: a 2s piston is primarily/only cooled by the incoming fuel/air charge. A lean condition creates excessive heat the charge can't dissipate. Which leads to a melted piston.
As a 2s goes from overly rich towards "perfect" air/fuel ratio power increases as does temperature. When you go leaner from perfect power drops very little, however temps increase at an ever increasing rate (inverse Bell curve) . This is why you can't notice it with the but dyno. That's why you'll see most say they're jetted rich.

Hopefully you've noticed the difference between how it sounded (ran) with the different jets. Lean jetting will sound Zinggy , kind of like hollow. Overly rich will be slower to rev up and sound blubberie.

Hey buddy got a question for you I took the torque system off my blaster
Not too familiar with two strokes I'm riding the bike and people were telling me not to Hold down the Excelerator that long I'm riding the bike and people were telling me not to pin it They say I'm going to melt my piston again just got the bike rebuild from top to bottom I never had these problems with my 400 Ex

Well a 400ex is a 4 stroke and u can keep the throttle pined more but u can not that with 2 strokes that's a no no

Well a 400ex is a 4 stroke and u can keep the throttle pined more but u can not that with 2 strokes that's a no no

FALSE INFORMATION HERE /\ /\ With proper jetting you can. You think Phragle didn't run for miles WFO on his Blaster in Baja ? The Banshee was originally designed for Baja. What about land speed racing, two miles of the hardest pull possible.

BTW, a 4poke that's lean will melt down, just not as quick.

Thing is that some like to jet on the lean side thinking they make more power (false) because it seems to rev a little quicker and sounds Zinggy.
Myself I jet on the rich/safe side.