Hello from NC

lknblaster

Nov 20, 2015
Hi there, new member here. Figured this would be a great place to land my first post on the forum before I ask a question - never want to be just a "taker" :)

Name's Greyson and I had a 1995 Blaster growing up, blue with yellow wheels. I sold it when I went off to college and missed it ever since. Fast forward to last night, I found a 2003 on Craigslist for $450 so I nabbed it and never looked back. Certainly don't have space in the garage for it so I'm working on that part. I have some experience with older yamaha motors like the enduro series from the 70's, but nothing this new. The TORS system is already annoying.

From what I've seen, this forum seems like a friendly place, so I'll do my best to only be a positive addition to the atmosphere here.

Reactions: jus_me
Hi there Greyson, and welcome.

It is a wise idea to delete the TORS as it has caused so many headaches and left many a guy out in the woods to be eaten by a Bear.

Reactions: jvb
what i did is trace all the cables to it and removing them along with the brains of it and i havent had any problems, theres a video on you tube on how to do it look for it and it will save you some $$$$$$

You have a 2003 you have to twist the tors wires together. Don't buy a new carb save yourself 110 dollars and buy the kit it really is super easy and takes 20 mins. People have had issues with carbs from that guy, some were just because they needed to remove the fuel filter (not needed) and some have found missin washers under the main jet and other little issues.

Welcome! Nice grab, your lucky I didn't see it first:D. Look around the sight and do some investigating. Get a leak tester, and check out your jetting!

Thanks for the tips guys!!

While you're here...this sound like a TORS problem? Symptom matches what the PO said was wrong with it: I got it fired up today for the first time since I picked it up. I think I certainly have a TORS problem. Quad will fire right up and idle. Piston sounds nice and tight, no slap. If you give it any throttle at all, it bogs and won't throttle up at all. Literally all that happens is it riches up, spits and fouls out. I cleaned the carb well and put in some new fuel and was getting a nice spark before firing. I'll start up a new post for the problem, but it looks like I'll have to sort the TORS sooner than later.

Rock on, so splice the black/yellow under the hood, just disconnect the tors plug at the carb.

I guess this is just temporary to see if the problem. It would be recommended to rid the bike of the tors unit and get a regular replacement carb cap and remove the switch from the throttle housing after?