Ground up rebuild....HELP

williewonka

Feb 22, 2010
Alabama
I have an 01 blaster that has not been ridden in years. I recently decided to make it my new project and have the baddest ride on the block, so I started to research. I called the owner of this shop in Florida who sells refurbished ATV parts and he offered to sponsor the build if when I was through I would design a full graphics kit dedicated to his shop (he wants the advertising). I need suggestions on where to start. I am thinking about starting with the front and rear suspensions, and then working my way up and doing the engine last. He is furnishing all the parts. I would love you guys input and parts lists b/c 1000 heads is better than my stupid one.

The only thing is that the majority of his parts are factory refurbished parts. I can add the "good stuff" later on my own dime. This bike looks terrible right now and he just wants to show how good it can look even if you are using refurbished parts. I just need help getting my first order together.

Well if they are refurbished parts then tell us what he ahs and we can tell you. But if you want the baddest ride on the block its simple as this:

Fox Float Evo Shocks, +2+1 a-arms(so its still good for trails), +3 lsr swingarm, rear fox podium shock,Hydro conversion all around, 240cc Firebreather kit ported, head redisgned, +3 stroker, v-force reeds, dynoport pipe, k&n filter and pb aluminum airbox, mair plastics all around,+2 lsr steering stem, flexx bars, Hiper wheels all around, skid plates all around......just to name a few things.

BUT if your gonna spend all this money on a blaster your better off selling the blaster and buying a yfz450r and you will still be faster and handle better :)

I realize that, but this guy is doing this for free and it is not costing me a dime....not even shipping. I am thinking about really focusing on the suspension(since it has no motor right now). He has extended axle's, swing arms..ect. I figure when it comes time for the motor, that is when I will did in my pocket

if he has refurbished parts get a 400ex rear shock, and maybe some yfz front shocks.
Then try to get some bigger rear rims, from a banshee or something