GREAT CARB TUNING GUIDE

Gonna be using this tomorrow. Just rebuilt my carb (first time doing that) and it fired up third kick. Before it took 25 kicks to start. Now to get it fine tuned with this great guide!!

Reactions: 2strokelivin
I have a 98 blaster it sometimes starts but only if i give it full throttle. Most of the time it doesnt start. I have new boyysen power reeds upgraded jet to 180 and have no lid on air box and cleaned carb and fmf power core pipe and aftermarket headers. I have a spark so any ideas

I have a 98 blaster it sometimes starts but only if i give it full throttle. Most of the time it doesnt start. I have new boyysen power reeds upgraded jet to 180 and have no lid on air box and cleaned carb and fmf power core pipe and aftermarket headers. I have a spark so any ideas

Did you try using this carb tuning guide in this thread? Is this something that just started happening? I would check the fuel petcock and make sure its sending fuel and not plugged. Check the carb float bowl, maybe its sticking. Maybe the jetting is out of whack. Try posting this in another thread for help more people will see it..

([hi everyone i just rebuilt my top end i got a .70 overbore wiesco forged piston with boseen power reeds and that pretty much it. i just wanted to ask some one if they know whats wrong with this blaster. when i start it i have to give a little gas and if i let the gas go it cuts out and when i gas it a little more it smokes more and cuts out. CAN ANYONE HELP ME, ANY SUGGESTIONS?????? ITS DRIVEN ME CRAZY:-/ X( O AND PLEASE EMAIL ME AT revo9201@yahoo.com or txt me at 559-451-7269 im new to this forum thing

this guide is awesome hopfully its all i will need to get my carb tuned right i just need to find out what size main jets i need to buy to start my tuning

well written so far. as a newbie in the atv world I really appreciate easy instructions. now i dont have to bug all you experts with stupid questions. or at least questions i can answer my self.

hi i have a 2000 blaster the guy that i bought it from had it modded to a 240 he seid it has a oko .30 carb. does anyone know how to tune the carb. im starting with new gas mix and a new plug. can anyone help thanks

hi i have a 2000 blaster the guy that i bought it from had it modded to a 240 he seid it has a oko .30 carb. does anyone know how to tune the carb. im starting with new gas mix and a new plug. can anyone help thanks

if in fact it is a true 240cc, and not a 200cc bored .40 over < which does not = 240cc ?
then it should be running a 34/35/36 carb for best results.
but you can check this thread to see if anyone has ever run a 30mm on a true 240 BBK cylinder ???

http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/what-jets-you-using-28981/