Got a chance to buy this head

deeeebeeeeee

Aug 20, 2015
Rossville, Ga
I found this head, at quite a good price it has obviously been rechambered?
What components would work with this head I don't have the specs on it.
What can we tell from the picture? And what does that mean as far piston type?
Is it usefull for a general build? Or would it be too I efficient with a stock ish build to be useful?
Couldn't get a pic to load but heresthe link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361376782171
Let me know what you guys think

I found this head, at quite a good price it has obviously been rechambered?
What components would work with this head I don't have the specs on it.
What can we tell from the picture? And what does that mean as far piston type?
Is it usefull for a general build? Or would it be too I efficient with a stock ish build to be useful?
Couldn't get a pic to load but heresthe link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361376782171
Let me know what you guys think

no it is stock..
e gay stock head.JPG

this is rechambered..

my blasterr head.JPG

That's a stock head. To be blunt. If you were looking at spending $25 on that head than why not just a few more bucks and get one made for your specific needs ? I think there around 50-55$ re chambered ? << best bang for the buck right there.. Or you can shave one yourself with some elbow grease and a flat file. Basically you will be setting the squish and It will certainly help for sure but you will get more out of a re chamber.

If interested in setting the squish just look up how to set squish (quench) and you should get allot of info..

OK thanks don't know why I thought it looked different from stock? I and thinking about maybe getting a cylinder and head. So u can have them worked and ready when the time comes. That way if I need a crank , I can sell my original head and cylinder, to offset the costs. If not then I can either keep them for the next time or sell and buy gaskets, seals, piston rings.

Might be a good way to make the rebuild go faster / spread the costs over a longer period of time?

How much should I really expect to benefit from a high compression piston on a stockish build. The sales claim is 5 h.p. but I don't see nearly a 30% increase in power in changing a piston by itself.

Obviously a head shaved /chambered to match, I did find the info on chamber size vs. U.C.R and how to calculate it, I would choose to run a bit under the max for 93 octane pump gas.

I run a rechambered head on a pretty stock motor. Although I have a pipe, lightened flywheel, and a CFM airboX. But I am running a stock carb. The power increase was night and day, and well worth the money. If moving ahead with major motor work, being porting and such, a rechamberwed head is a must. Probably the most bang for your buck beside a good pipe or porting.

The sales claim is 5 h.p. but I don't see nearly a 30% increase in power in changing a piston by itself.

not happening.
these "magic pistons" are either pie cutting the exhuaust side of piston to simulate a raised exhaust port, or selling you a cheap thin base gasket to raise compression, neither are good ideas, or even worth the cost of shipping IMO.

How much should I really expect to benefit from a high compression piston on a stockish build. The sales claim is 5 h.p. but I don't see nearly a 30% increase in power in changing a piston by itself.

Like Awk said, these high compression pistons are mostly powered by smoke and mirrors.

If your after a good hard hitting blaster,a modified head, and some port work is a great place to start.

those two heads above i posted the difference it made for me was this.
i had it don by ken for pump gas.
to tell you the truth my top end was a little warn at the time.
although my compression was at 121psi.
when i got the kor head mod it raised it to 148psi.

the thinner gasket claims 10psi difference....which dont add up to 148psi
never mind the squish and all that mumbo jumbo lol.
it changed the exhaust note and power like a mofo.

picture a 125 two stroke next to a 250 two stroke,sound wise...similar to that in a way
and it cost me 85 dollars for his service and shipping cost total.....i bet i could sell it for more then that on the infamous e-bay .....which i would not ever doo_O

Last edited:
Not trying to be rude but setting squish isnt mumbo jumbo. It is one of the basics on setting up a 2 stroke. Specificaly if playing with diffetent thickness gaskets. Setting a proper squish can be night and day in itself. If not set than your leaving power on the table and just about everyone can do it.

Last edited:
When you mention a thinner gasket are you referring to the base gasket? Does dropping to a .020 base gasket which I think is .010 thinner than stock, make a noticeable difference as far as reducing port duration, irrelevant I guess if you have a port job done but what about a stocker?

Took mine out for a ride today 2 and a half hours of mixed riding maybe 10-15% at WOT, 20% at under 1/4 throttle, 30% 1/4 to half and the rest above half but not wide open. I started running 24:1 premix due to the oil study found here and also due to being slightly rich from 1/3 throttle up.
Ran really well, obviously the air screw and needle were set better than Last time.
Didn't load up on long downhills or even just off idle in high gear across the parking lot, band came on predictably and strong, I often thought the clutch had slipped just to look back and see double spin marks in the dirt. Of course I also did a +3° timing mod since last trip. Even my boy was able to ride it without loading up or stalling, first time he actually let it hit the band (4th gear) his grin widened with the rpm.
With the wealth of information and links here I have learned and been able to change my bike from a sick leaky carb, too rich to idle to lean to pin the throttle, piece of crap. To a well tuned putt around the trail, stand up on cue, wind it tight machine, that people look at and wonder how that rattley (pipe on header, header spring on frame brace) old thing runs so well. :D

Next mission is to see the blush on the young guys faces when the dust settles and they see that an old dude on a little air cooled 200 just put it all over them. :rolleyes:

I am quite thankful, of the advice and direction you guys have given me , I have made some pretty dumb mistakes and possibly even dumber statements, and not had 15 posts flaming me for being an idiot.
When rebuild time comes really think it is going to be possible to end up with a nice powerful trail machine, without breaking the bank. It's amazing how money spent in the right places, be it DIY tools or professional work, can result in a motor that will be better suited to the owner, than a motor with thousands spent foolishly. Like a full drag motor on a wide MX chassis, for riding tight woods trails. We have all seen it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jus_me