GM radio unlock codes??????

mac2mac

Jan 31, 2011
New York
Hey does anyone know any website that I can use to get my gm delco radio unlock code from. I picked up a radio from a junk yard and now I need to get it unlocked. I unlocked my last radio when I bought my truck but I don't remeber what website I went to. Maybe even some place that has them for free....

that doesn't help. I paid $12 last time to unlock my radio and not from gm.They want $100. I was hoping maybe someone knows a website for free.

Perfect reason to get an aftermarket radio.No unlocking codes needed.First thing i do to a vehicle is send the stock radio to the bone yard.

First time on this site, couple of questions - does anyone know for sure if unlocking a GM radio is the same thing as programing the radio as done by a dealer? Also, if I'm going to replace my stock radio with an upgraded stock radio, shouldn't I get the stock radios code before I disconnect it so I have the unlock code in case I need to reinstall it? How do I get that code? Thanks for any help offered!

First time on this site, couple of questions - does anyone know for sure if unlocking a GM radio is the same thing as programing the radio as done by a dealer? Also, if I'm going to replace my stock radio with an upgraded stock radio, shouldn't I get the stock radios code before I disconnect it so I have the unlock code in case I need to reinstall it? How do I get that code? Thanks for any help offered!

i think i remember my buddy calling a dealership and they'll provide the codes based on the vin #
so if the newer radio doesn't have codes with it, you'll need that vehicles vin # for the dealer to look up the codes ???

Getting the radio codes is widely reported as a result of entering in a couple of code numbers off the radio itself, and then submitting them to a phone-in service or some websites after which they'll give you the code you need to unlock the radio. Some places say that your radio is good to go once you enter this code, and others say you'll still have to take it to a dealer to be programned. It's also reported that the dealers will not guarantee you that they can get the new radio working - it's all a crap shoot depending on how your vehicle was built.

Make sure the upgraded one is compatible with your car. I know for my ford escape, I had a single disc cdplayer and thought about buying a 6-cd changer, but they don't fit. Ended up going with an aftermarket doubledin pioneer for just over $200 and it works excellent. May wanna consider just doing aftermarket.

Well I've already got $125 sunk into an upgraded stock radio so I'm kind of determined to follow this path for now.

There is a guy on YouTube that shows you which chip to cut off the board of the radio that removes the code procedure entirely , do this at your own risk! Newer Chevy radios require vin# numbers to aid in programming

Hey does anyone know any website that I can use to get my gm delco radio unlock code from. I picked up a radio from a junk yard and now I need to get it unlocked. I unlocked my last radio when I bought my truck but I don't remeber what website I went to. Maybe even some place that has them for free....