Gas and oil premix experiment

No problem bro. I was jist down in the basement and saw it forgot about it for awhile......

Ill keep it going till it makes any kind of change.

I still cant believe over 3 months and no visual change..........

So............after 3 months, we see no separation of oil and gas. This is very cool that you did this. So now when we see guys ( like me ) shaking their bikes before they start them.............We can say to ourselves...........................Dumb A$$. Great idea man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well here is day 101. No apparent change or seperation...

Is it just me or does it look like it is getting lighter in color.

I think that the oil is thinning out and if ran could case a lean condition....

I still had some of this gas so I rtan it in my leaf blower and it seems to be running lean. Will only run good at half choke and plug was a lightish grey.
photoMA28625192-0001.jpg

photoMA28625184-0002.jpg

basic chemistry Oil is nonpolar and gasoline is nonpolar, like dissolves like. I'm pretty sure you are making a solution not a suspension. Solutions will never separate out no matter how long you leave them in your basement.

Awesome test man. Good to see you have a control to compare. Keep the control at 32:1 and compare it to the 50:1 40:1 etc. good luck. keep up the expirements.

i only mix enough gas to use in a couple days after that it loses octane and isnt as potent never store gas more than a week un less you treat it with stable. if you have to wonder about seperating your storing it way to long