front tires are sitting funny

baycityryda

Jun 28, 2009
michigan
my tires are sitting like this / / but not that bad. does any1 know what it could be? i can get a pic if needed.theres a guy not to far from me that has a frame,a-arms and spindles for $125 but thats if i find out some thing is bent on my quad.

heres the pic its not the rods.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 144
hmm try a different spindle....i was going to say tie rod adjustment....but you said not tie rods....the left is way wrong, the right would be ok....

right, tie rods adjust the toe.......you have stock arms so there is a suspension issue....try replacing the left spindle...the one that is pointed outward....

k i'll try that, wont be till the weekend tho theres a guy about 1.5hrs away that has a ton of blaster stuff for decent price i just might come home with a nice roller

I'll vote for the spindle. The arm that connects to the upper ball joint to the axle part of the spindle is the weak link of the whole set up. Alot, alot, alot of the spindles I buy off Ebay to convert to disc spindles have this same problem. I put them between centers and put a protractor on the top flat to see if they are re-useable. Should you want to bend it back It will take some serious heat since they are made out of some tough steel. Oxy/acety with a rose bud would be in order. Probably easier to do a onsey on ebay and swap it out. Be prepared to buy one with the same problem though.

shameless promotion coming....but if i were you baycityryda....i would buy a set of norman420's spindles, and grap a set of banshee front brakes (post 89, so 90+) and you'll get better stopping power, and new spindles....just a thought.

shameless promotion coming....but if i were you baycityryda....i would buy a set of norman420's spindles, and grap a set of banshee front brakes (post 89, so 90+) and you'll get better stopping power, and new spindles....just a thought.

i will do all the banshee stuff some day but its not going to happen this winter,i got to do stuff to my kids quad to.lucky lil sh*t too i'm putting more $$$ into his than mine but in a couple years he'll have my blasty.

Attachments

• 777.jpg
    777.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 154
my left tire does that and ive replaced the spindle and lower a-arm.and it still didnt help
hmmmm i dont think the upper would cause that....but thats all you havent replaced...unless the pinch bolt was bent....????? idk, im losing all ideas now...

I just went through this two weeks ago! My tire, only the left front, was way out of plumb leaning in. I changed the entire left side (both a-arms, tie rod, hub with spindle) off of my 2004 that is being rebuilt. The same result. Finally I took my front suspension off my other 2002 that was straight on the bike and it fixed everything. The moral to the story is both spindles, on my blaster and also the 2004 spindle were bent almost exactly. It was very hard to see even sitting side by side with the good one. So if you buy used parts for your suspension,you get what you pay for.. Good luck