fried piston with all the fixins

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
well as some of you may have seen yesterday, i got my son a blaster............
http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/new-project-24852/

tore into it today to see why the crank wouldn't turn, the original owner, before my bud had it, said he just rebuilt it, rode it once and it seized, well no wonder,
i guarentee i can fry pistons all day long running a stock 230 main jet with an f7 pipe and silencer and the dirtiest air filter i've ever seen, what a dumb fuk!!!!
anyway, the piston shattered and huge pieces were down in the bottom preventing the crank from turning, but crank rod is tight and seems good, so now i'm debating, tear it open myself for the first time, to clean out the shrapnel??? take it somewhere to have done?? or look for whole new motor?? <<$$$ arent an issue,
one good thing is the dumbass put a new pro x piston in the stock bore, so lots of life left in the cylinder, and i have a good .020 wiseco pro lite for in it
having troubles hettin my camera to load to my puter, but tons of rebuild pics comin, i'm down to rollin frame so far

you can do it yourself awk, its not too bad, i was able to assemble mine without having ever opened one up, just keep a manual handy! the tusk tool to pull the crank through the bearings works great too. can probably use a harmonic balancer puller to split the cases and most parts stores rent them cheap

thanx bro, i'll order a crank puller right now

no problem man....and i did mine on the kitchen table so if you have a work bench you're really set lol

Hey, if a 15 year old can rip apart a 2 stroke motor completely, let alone a 4 stroke one, you can it too. Just make sure you do everything right the first time and dont second guess anything. If you need help, grab yourself a clymer manual. Good luck!