Found a place :)

pudvah

I just wanna rip.
Mar 6, 2015
Griswold, Connecticut
I'm friggen stoked I found a place to ride while walking a river trail with my wife, kid and dog. It had a field in the beginning that was kinda a circle track and then LOTS of wide trails through the woods. I stopped and spoke with some mx riders and they said cops never bother them and actually told them to ride there when they were caught on the road. It's off exit 91 on 395. I just need someone to ride with so if you're in CT or in mass near CT line hit me up.

Sweet!! I have a couple spots to ride here too. Saw your post about renting the track out in rockyhill for the day too. I thought of that myself. Like u said if we can get a few more people to go in on it I'd b game for sure. B pretty cool having our own track for the day!

Reactions: pudvah
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Yup place was awesome man, the beginning is like a big ass circle track then there's lots of trails and one of the trails goes back to a massive sand pit but I didn't know the route and the dirt bike riders that were there didn't want to go back cause it's like a 2 mile ride through the woods and they just got back from there. Best part a cop stopped by and bullshitted with me for like 10 mins. Nothing better than a spot you can ride at with no worries.

Also big thanks to Ken O'Connor Racing they did an AMAZING job on my quad the friggen thing rips like crazy. Hard to keep it in the ground.

Looks friggin awesome and with know worries about gettin chased by the po po is even better. Awesome to hear about your blaster. What did you have ken do?

Looks friggin awesome and with know worries about gettin chased by the po po is even better. Awesome to hear about your blaster. What did you have ken do?

What didn't he do lol. I bought the blaster on CL and it had an air leak so he completely rebuilt top and bottom end, bored it , new piston, rebuilt crank, new mains, honed , new cases, oil block off kit, new shaft, all new bolt kit, rings. I put on TORS delete kit with motion pros cable renthal chain and sprocket , dual bearing chain rollers, Oury grips. Prob forgetting a bunch but I'm far from done

Ya where I grew up riding here there's a lot of trails but most are pretty rocky and some pretty steep hill climbs. Have more than 1 battle scar from the steep rocky hills back when I had my late eighties rm125. Ahhh those were the days!

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it done, I wanted to do it but today was the 1st time I rode the quad and this is the 1st quad I've ever owned and there was plenty of power and speed for me. That may all change when I get better at riding but for now I'm good. I had it on 2 wheels all the way across that field it really rips. I imagine the Toomey B1 kit has a lot to do with that too. She LOVES 3rd gear will stand right up at any rpm.

I don't blame you. I'd ride it like that for a season or 2 or whatever. Then when you start getting bored go get it ported and the head done. A definite plus about owning a blaster in ct, when you're ready for more oomph just bring it to Ken. No worrying about wrapping it up to ship and extra costs, just "hey Ken I'll be down today":)

Reactions: pudvah
To get it ported I don't have to get it bored right ? I only have one bore left, almost at the limit unfortunately. I'm new to this 2 stroke stuff. I've only owned 4 stroke dirt bikes. Wasted 30 years of my life not feeling power band lol today was really bad ass friggen smile ear to ear.

Ya nothing like when that 2 stroke power band kicks in. I'm a 2 stroke junkie all the way. As far as you having to bore it out when porting I don't believe so. I think most builders recommend it but not absolutely necessary. If I'm wrong someone pleases correct me but I believe that's correct.

I'll never run a 4 poke again after today. I prob will just spend money on customizing the quad to make it mine then eventually get head work done when I run outta stuff to do. The trails I was riding today the blaster has plenty of power for but again that will prob change with experience. Plus I need to know the trails to hit them hard. I need a skid plate too I don't even have the stock one on there.

I'll never run a 4 poke again after today. I prob will just spend money on customizing the quad to make it mine then eventually get head work done when I run outta stuff to do. The trails I was riding today the blaster has plenty of power for but again that will prob change with experience. Plus I need to know the trails to hit them hard. I need a skid plate too I don't even have the stock one on there.
The great thing about Blasters is there very customizable. You can make it your own in every way. I would start with suspension. You can have all the power in the world, but if you can't control it, it's no fun. After I made simple suspension upgrades, I could ride harder in turns and faster.