FMF gold series exhaust gasket

ccolt1

May 30, 2010
N. Ca
I would like to know where I can find the gasket and spring for that series of pipe? I have tryed looking online but they all seem to be for the Banshee. It's for a 2001 blaster and it's making kinda of a mess where it hooks to the enging. Thanks!

I would like to know where I can find the gasket and spring for that series of pipe? I have tryed looking online but they all seem to be for the Banshee. It's for a 2001 blaster and it's making kinda of a mess where it hooks to the enging. Thanks!

they all do that, you can order replacement hardware from FMF, or just get a spring from a hardware store. cometic makes a gasket that goes behind the exhaust flange and it works amazing! notice he lack of 2stroke spooge coming from my pipe... look behind my flange, its hard to see but you can see the gasket back there..

100_0958.jpg

Thanks for the picture and I will do that! My seems to be leaking where the pipe and flange meet. Since it has no spring at the current time you can move the pipe back and forth about 1/8 to 3/16 and it seems to be leaking smoke there not where the flange is bolted. Is there a O ring or somthing that goes between them? Thanks

Thanks for the picture and I will do that! My seems to be leaking where the pipe and flange meet. Since it has no spring at the current time you can move the pipe back and forth about 1/8 to 3/16 and it seems to be leaking smoke there not where the flange is bolted. Is there a O ring or somthing that goes between them? Thanks

thats just the poor design of the fmf flange, not too much you cna do about that except get some strong springs

yup. fmf did a crappy design on that one. but i used a gasket that looked like a big key ring. it just went in my cylinder and smashed down when i tightened up my exhaust. but it works so far

get it sparkling clean and then throw some copper rtv where the flange and pipe meet and get a strong spring. should control the spooge

I will try to look for one on ebay and try to find a spring. I need to find a small one but local hardware store had none. I will also clean and try the copper gasket rtv. Thanks:)