Float the ground

Everything fused.
image.jpeg

Headlight mounted and wired. Thanks for everyone's help.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Awk08 and 82cutty
nice job on the wiring and mounting of that light !

Update, charging at 13.7v at idle and no more than 14.8v cruising

Last edited:
The floated ground from the stator, along with the power wire for the lights both feed into the new regulator/rectifier, out of that comes the + and - to the battery, the negative of the battery can then be grounded to the frame to retain all frame grounds.

once your past the reg/rec, the battery circuts should work just like any other battery system on cars or atvs, ground from battery to frame and use frame grounds where needed.

This is correct. My kompulsive koncepts loom was made this way.

So gotta bring this up again, sry but I AM CONFUSED, I have done this before but i dont know what I am doing, huge brain fart lol.

Ground from lighting coil to battery ground - got it.

Yellow / red from lighting coil to both yellows into reg/rectifier - is this how its supposed to be?
They Y/R also go into the stock switch, I am guessing that how it gets power? So should I cut the Y/R, have the part from the stator go into the 2 yellows, the take the Y/R from the switch and take that to the battery? Then yellow out of the switch to LED +?

Red from Reg/Rec to Battery +

Black from Reg/Rec to Battery -

LED light black to Battery -

My question is what wires do I hook the LED + to on the stock switch?

From looking at the manual

For the record.... technically everything on an Bike, automobile, or battery powered for that matter has a floating ground. Floating ground exists in any circuit not grounded to earth.

Keeping the circuits independent Is what they mean because if you ground a DC circuit to a circuit that has alternating current your going to receive negative voltages back on your DC ground

Reactions: Awk08
that appears to be correct above, both yellows of the reg/rec go to the lighting coil

View attachment 27518

as it is now, one wire of the lighting coil is grounded to the stator plate,
you have to "float it" to one of the yellows.
View attachment 27517

LOL.

download the instructions for the trailtechs here:
http://gallery.trailtech.net/media/instructions/lights/regrec/010-ELV-116.pdf
So can you splice it into the yellow one or does it get grounded somewhere else.