First Blaster

Put spacers on the back to widen it 3" until I can do an axle swap. Still waiting on the control arms to get here.
IMG_20170203_210931_394.jpg

Reactions: Awk08
pro taper does have a high quality pad
apparently there is 2 different ones they offer that look the same
i honestly forgot but i think i bought pro taper bars once and i could not even remove the pad
then bought just a pad that had the curved split down the middle to install to a different bar
i have had at least 3 different pro taper bar setups:)

Reactions: bigcody24
Put spacers on the back to widen it 3" until I can do an axle swap. Still waiting on the control arms to get here. View attachment 29798
pro taper does have a high quality pad
apparently there is 2 different ones they offer that look the same
i have had at least 3 different pro taper bar setups:)
I'm not sure about the different ones, but the one I have has the black high density foam or whatever they call it, it's a night and day quality difference over the typical "pool noodle" type foam.

Reactions: speedyslyder
ill say it again it is a bad azz pad i was wowed everytime i bought a protaper product:D
Yeah, absolutely. It's such a simple and inexpensive item, but it's great. Something that may typically go overlooked or unappreciated, but it's all in the details. Little things add up to big things.

Reactions: speedyslyder
Yeah, absolutely. It's such a simple and inexpensive item, but it's great. Something that may typically go overlooked or unappreciated, but it's all in the details. Little things add up to big things.

you are correct.....
love seeing that protaper pad as im flying 0n a quad or dirt bike.
i raced a cr125 guess what? the kill switch on bars was extra sharp
i went over bars trying to go to fast in a whoop section...it cut my chest even with chest protector:mad:
i ended up getting 12th place though lol
but yes i love protaper bars/ i also like renthal but protaper
is kililng it :)

you are correct.....
love seeing that protaper pad as im flying 0n a quad or dirt bike.
i raced a cr125 guess what? the kill switch on bars was extra sharp
i went over bars trying to go to fast in a whoop section...it cut my chest even with chest protector:mad:
i ended up getting 12th place though lol
but yes i love protaper bars/ i also like renthal but protaper
is kililng it :)
Yeah I have renthal dual compound grips, they're pretty nice.

Finished re-doing the plastics. I used plastidip this time hoping it will be more durable. Hopefully it will because I'm not 100% happy with the texture of it. But if it holds up I can deal with it. I didn't do the rear fenders because I'll be replacing them eventually so I didn't feel the need to waste my time.
IMG_20170207_205211_117.jpg

Reactions: 82cutty
Get some auto spray wax and use it on the dip . It smooths it out and adds some shine . Makes the dip more durable also . Use micro fiber towels . I put it on mine after every other ride
IMG_20160219_034711_657_zpsv6wlo6lv.jpg
Yours looks pretty smooth and slick. Mine almost has a light bedliner type texture. Not that course, but not very smooth either. So you think that wax you're talking about will help?? What kind is it?
20170208_190622.jpg

Reactions: 82cutty
Yeah it will help...go to Walmart or parts store and get any spray detail wax . They're all pretty much the same . I've used turtle wax...turtle wax ice and mothers . Wait a few more days for the dip to cure if you just did it . Spray it on and wipe in with micro fiber towel . I do it twice . Let it sit on there for a few minutes and wipe over it again with another dry micro fiber towel .

Yeah it will help...go to Walmart or parts store and get any spray detail wax . They're all pretty much the same . I've used turtle wax...turtle wax ice and mothers . Wait a few more days for the dip to cure if you just did it . Spray it on and wipe in with micro fiber towel . I do it twice . Let it sit on there for a few minutes and wipe over it again with another dry micro fiber towel .
Thanks man appreciate the advice. I'll post an update on it if I try it to let you know how it turns out.

it is for tires lol just throwing it out there
i would only do it on a car anyways:)
that plasti dip is made to peel off sooooo
even more temporary then paint