Fiberglass airbox?

motoman159

Mar 8, 2012
central Florida
im thinking about making a custom airbox and intake out of fiberglass? what are your thoughts? id make it to cfm specs and high quality glass since we have so much of it. ideas or thoughts anyone?

That would be cool, I have been thinking about making a fiberglass café seat for my dads dt360 and then buying clip-ons and different tires/shocks. But I haven't ever worked with glass yet so idk.

My dad also has a 60s fiberglass boat and that thing is tough.

I like the idea, but i think making it out of carbon fiber cloth fabric would be cooler! http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=carbon fiber cloth fabric&_frs=1

You could make the air box out of cardboard, or something like that, then cover the inside with carbon fiber or fiberglass! When the carbon fiber or fiberglass gets hard, then rip the cardboard off. Then glue in some aluminium for mounting points, and cover the outside with carbon fiber or fiberglass. The aluminium mounting points will be between the inside and outside layers of carbon fiber or fiberglass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: motoman159
I like the idea, but i think making it out of carbon fiber cloth fabric would be cooler! http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=carbon fiber cloth fabric&_frs=1

You could make the air box out of cardboard, or something like that, then cover the inside with carbon fiber or fiberglass! When the carbon fiber or fiberglass gets hard, then rip the cardboard off. Then glue in some aluminium for mounting points, and cover the outside with carbon fiber or fiberglass. The aluminium mounting points will be between the inside and outside layers of carbon fiber or fiberglass.
Damn, that's some good advice right there, thanks dude!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this idea. The air box if pretty much out of the way from abuse and all.. How do you plan on mounting it? If I were to do it I would try and mount it from the top so it would be resting on the frame on both sides..?? I have never worked with fiberglass so I don't know how easy it is to work with etc...