Favorite trails?

timsyfz

avoiding the DNR Nazi !
Mar 26, 2008
Mid Michigan
Whats your favorite MI trails??

Mine are
Silver Lake
And second would be St Helens trails....

Would love to see what some others favs are so we can check them out !

right now i would have to say st.helen trails...
but ill be moving 20 miles south of big rapids soon sooo ill be pretty close to the silverlake area and then i could check thos out tooo

I've heard St. Helens is alright, my favorite to ride is the Huron trail, they have to be 10 ft wide and nice smooth sand. It goes from Oscoda all the way to Southbranch I believe. Its like 40 miles from start to finish.

i really like silver lake, most people don't relly like the mounds but i do it doesn't hurt that it's only 20 min away. my g/f's step dad always talks about bull gap, i wanted to get up there this summer but the economy put that trip on hold.

Bull Gap is alot of fun.. I have not been up there since they changed it (made the hill a 1 way), but I plan on it in the next few weeks... The trails around there are just ok, but I really love playing on the hill alot !

Not even close ! ! Its about 1/3 the size, and not nearly as steep... Its still fun, but alot closer to my home haha.

I california... I loved plaster city/superstition and lake morena was excellent for practicing hare and hound skills. it's really technical and dusty. My roomamte and I would take turns riding in front making as much dust as possible while going as fast as possible while the other busted ass blind most of the time keeping up. if there was something seriously killer the guy in front would raise his hnd...but the object was to go fast by brail while riding loose so the bike could take up whatever you hit. it was a really good way to build complete faith in the bike and become a one with it in a fluid zen like manner.

the Hatfield Mcoy trails in west virginia are beast...lots of small creek crossings and turns and hll climbs...and GREAT senery

i go to my buddies cabin in fairview just north of mio, and we ride some snowmobile trails to bullgap, its a nice long ride and some of it is challenging~ fun stuff though