Exhaust hanging by a thread.... thread

Yert

Dec 25, 2016
I got a new exhaust and it sounds great and all but I don't think I have all the parts... maybe.

Is there a coupler/adapter that connects the head the the expansion chamber? I bolted it up nice and snug but it just doesn't seem right to me.

NEXT the very top of the expansion chamber has a little tab that connects to the frame, it's missing by a good bit. From that point on the exhaust has 0 tabs for security till you get to the can so it is hanging by 3 bolts and I'm only for sure 1 is done correctly. Sorry to be such a newb.

Attachments

• 20170224_234709.jpg
    20170224_234709.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 20170224_234618.jpg
    20170224_234618.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 328
Is the flange to the cylinder on backwards ?
The flat of the flange should be sitting against the cylinder, and threads sticking out of the nut, it appears you bent the flange to even get the nut on a few threads ?

Was a new crush washer used between flange and cylinder ?

And you're missing the exhaust hanger the goes from pipe to frame.....

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122312810247

Dmc alien

True I could use a few more threads but it's not an issue, there is enough thread to occupy the whole nut... barely.
If the flange is backwards it's a manufacturing error. Reason I say that is because it's not removable. It free spins on the end of the pipe but can't be removed due to a large "cap" on the very end WHICH is the piece I bent the flange over that you pointed out. The "cap" I'm talking about is very meaty. It's not just a pipe squished up against a cylinder, it has a good 1/4" flat space.
As for the hanger. It's pretty much a piece of rubber with 2 metal tabs sandwiching it, right? One of my tabs came unglued and I had it off in the pic but I gorilla glued it back in since.
I have no crush washer, gasket or anything... guessing I should?

Awk you got me thinking that maybe the cylinder side of the flange might be recessed when you asked if it was backward. I just got in from popping it off to look.

Answer is... its the same on both sides.

Reactions: Awk08
Awk you got me thinking that maybe the cylinder side of the flange might be recessed when you asked if it was backward. I just got in from popping it off to look.

Answer is... its the same on both sides.

sumthins fishy with that setup, I've never seen the flat part of the flange stick out off the cylinder like that.

Blaaaster seems to have experience with these pipes. He shared a bit of knowledge about them in another thread.
I kind of get the feeling I'm missing an adapter or something.

Little up date. I'm starting to notice some oily stuff (unspent fuel) coming from around the exhaust at the flange previously mentioned in this thread. Should I just accept this as a good thing and move on?

I got a new exhaust and it sounds great and all but I don't think I have all the parts... maybe.

Is there a coupler/adapter that connects the head the the expansion chamber? I bolted it up nice and snug but it just doesn't seem right to me.

NEXT the very top of the expansion chamber has a little tab that connects to the frame, it's missing by a good bit. From that point on the exhaust has 0 tabs for security till you get to the can so it is hanging by 3 bolts and I'm only for sure 1 is done correctly. Sorry to be such a newb.

probably a used product off e-bay
mix-matched parts.
flange.. bolts to cylinder..the exhaust slides over the mother f flange then attached by a spring or two:D