Exhaust clamp help

Ryan szemacs

Dec 9, 2017
Hello, I have a DMC head pipe on a stock silencer and I keep blowing out exhaust clamps(the one that attaches the silencer to the head pipe). I’ve tried numerous different rubber pieces, right now I have the toomey aluminum one but after about 2 hours it blew out. Does anyone have a fix for this issue??

is the rear pipe sliding over the front pipe where they meet ? it should be.
it sounds like yours aren't and your using the coupling to bridge a gap between the 2 pipes ?
I've had pipes that needed the rear mounts tweaked or even extended a little for the 2 pipes to fit correctly with the rear slid over the front.
the rubber coupling is only to seal that small crack around where they meet.

is the rear pipe sliding over the front pipe where they meet ? it should be.
it sounds like yours aren't and your using the coupling to bridge a gap between the 2 pipes ?
I've had pipes that needed the rear mounts tweaked or even extended a little for the 2 pipes to fit correctly with the rear slid over the front.
the rubber coupling is only to seal that small crack around where they meet.
There isn’t a gap usually, but sometimes the exhaust does slide down a little to create a tiny gap.

There isn’t a gap usually, but sometimes the exhaust does slide down a little to create a tiny gap.

That shouldn't be happening.
Loosen the pipe front top mount and silencer mounts, wriggle it around until you get a good fit and the clamp tightened, then tighten the mounts front and rear. Should allow it to position itself so it doesn't slide apart.

That shouldn't be happening.
Loosen the pipe front top mount and silencer mounts, wriggle it around until you get a good fit and the clamp tightened, then tighten the mounts front and rear. Should allow it to position itself so it doesn't slide apart.
It’s the silencer that falls down, is it possibly just from the bolts not being tight enough?