exhaust choice?

mlrblaster

Dec 16, 2011
Smyrna Tn
I was wondering if a DG performance exhaust would perform better than the stock one. As far as I know the motor is completely stock ( as I haven't been into it just yet, still runs great). Already have the DG, took it off my other quad and its just hanging on the wall. I don't want to swap it out unless it will perform better. I didn't want to buy an exhaust for this quad, its still quite fun with the stock one, but if the Dg would pep it up a bit that would be fine by me. Can't never have too much power!!
Any thoughts.

I would not use that dg pipe. They are basically a chromed stock pipe. Spend your time with more worth while mods like a diy timing advance. Also get a uni style filter and take your airbox lid off, those to small things will benifit you more than that dg exhaust. Don't forget to rejet if you do the filter/lid.

I presume it's a DG for a blaster? Even if it only adds 1 horse that's still a 5.8% increase over stock I:I. It would be different if you were wanting to buy it, plus has to weigh less. I'd rock it. Just make sure Mickey Mouse didn't build a house in it first :eek:.

Either change air filter or at least remove the lid and be sure to rejet for changes you make.

If you do fit the DG, be sure to do a plug chop.

Dont expect too much from the pipe, I have heard it bandied around the Forum, that you could even loose power from a DG. These are opinions of others, not mine as I have never even wanted too try a DG.

just put the FMF q series silencer w/ gold series fatty....good power gain and sound......i've also heard that the DG is not a good system. i'd probably just spend the money on a new silencer atleast (even if u do have to run the stock header for a while)

just put the FMF q series silencer w/ gold series fatty....good power gain and sound......i've also heard that the DG is not a good system. i'd probably just spend the money on a new silencer atleast (even if u do have to run the stock header for a while)

The head pipe is what makes the power not the silencer. Although the original poster is asking if the DG is worth installing. Id say yeah since surely any aftermarket pipe is going to be a tad better than the stock.

Tell you what. How about you road test the DG and report back with your findings.

Re jet at least 2 sizes on the main for the pipe, and do a plug chop to confirm..

It would be good for you to compare the DG over stock, DG's have a poor reputation, you could prove it if they are worth anything.