Essay contest thread.

Blaaster

Staff member
Technician
Jul 18, 2011
eastern australia
The Dirty weekend 2014, essay contest!

A contest with a prize of $100, redeemed by an open order for goods or services from a Blaster Forum sanctioned supplier.

The entry requirements are that you are a supporting member prior to contest commencement.

That you will only post once in the contest thread.

Your post will contain a short essay of no less than 50 words.

The essay topic will be, "Why you chose to become a supporting member of Blaster Forum".

The contest will start 26th June, and run until 3rd July.

The winning post will be drawn by random, 6th July at Dirtysquared's ride.

If the winner has participated in the weekend ride a further $50 will be donated to cover the cost of fuel to attend the event, and be personally be presented by Blaaster.

The essay content will not be judged, it is only an entry requirement.

Post only once in this thread please,
your post must contain your essay!

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
BF is indeed a family. It's also so much more. I bought my Blaster thinking i could do this on my own. Boy was I wrong. Without the support of this forum I would have a blackened smoking pile of twisted metal sitting in my garage. BF gave me the insight and confidence to know, without doubt, that I can restore and mod this bike on my own. Any hurdles I come across, there is a member on here that tackled the same issue and has the insight to shave it down to nothing. I would gladly support this site for 10 times what is required, if that is what it took to keep this resource available for myself and all the other would be garage mechanics out there. Not to mention the money i have saved because i didn't waste my money, on an RM Stator, Chinese red chain, or DG exhaust, should be given back to the community in some form.

Contest closed,

The winning entry from all of the one submissions of an essay containing no less than 50 words will be drawn 6July as per contest rules.​

Thank you for your participation and good luck to the only qualifying entrant.

Today we draw the winner of the contest.

Thank you for all the entries, unfortunately there can be only one winner.

Each qualifying entry will be assigned a number relating to the post number, and then drawn by random.

The winning posts to be drawn by random are as follows.

1. Post number 5.

Good luck.

And the winner is!

image.jpg

Congratulations

MercMenace.

Reactions: Herpderplol
Lol DAMN i was waiting and waiting for this contest to start and i never saw it until 7am this morning and obv. Too late :( congrats Merc u lucky dawg, i woulda at least gave it a 50/50 flip of the coin

Hahaha. Thanks to all my fans. I just couldn't have done it without you all.

Seriously this blaster would be junk without all you guys.

I think in the future It would be a good idea to have the contest thread announced in a header or something on the homepage. I bet alot of guys/gals would have entered but the thread was pretty buried.

congrats merc !
i'll be handling the winning purchases for Gerry, he's already givin me the winning $, i'll get it into my bank and/or transferred into my paypal tomorrow.
merc, i'll start a conversation with you to figure out how you'd like to spend your winnings.
you'll need to provide me with websites, ebay item #'s, ect.
and your shipping info when you decide what you'd like to purchase, i'll order, pay and have them shipped directly to you.
no hurry on my end, but you can start a list asap if you'd like.

congrats again.

ps. i'm not sure how anyone else navigates the forum, but i click "new posts" everytime i sign in, and scroll down thru, if i haven't veiwed it, or it has new posts, it shows up in that list.
that way, nothing gets buried or missed as suggested above