Engines That Fit In A Blaster?

FasterBlaster22

Jan 11, 2008
Boston Ny
I have a 1993 Roller that i would like to make a Hybrid and put a diffrent motor in it. Can someone tell me what engines will fit in a blaster frame with little or no modifications can be liquid or air cooled. Thanks

its not worth it...
a yz125 is a 2stroke... so thats 75cc less so ud be making a slower blaster
and a yz250 the 4stroke one is 50 cc more yet its a 4stroke soo 2 strokes have double the power so in reality the yz250f stacks up as a 125 2 stroke

4strokes b 4 u get combustion (power)
2strokes b 4 u get combustion (power)
soo as you can see while the 4strokes piston gets one cycle the 2stroke gets 2 cycles in by then
so that makes a 200cc 2stroke have as much power as a 400cc 4 stroke...
soo if its a 2stroke engine u wanna put in make sure its 200cc or more otherwise ur blaster will b weak
and if u want a 4stroke engine in make sure its a 400cc or more

hope i helped

its not worth it...
a yz125 is a 2stroke... so thats 75cc less so ud be making a slower blaster
and a yz250 the 4stroke one is 50 cc more yet its a 4stroke soo 2 strokes have double the power so in reality the yz250f stacks up as a 125 2 stroke

4strokes b 4 u get combustion (power)
2strokes b 4 u get combustion (power)
soo as you can see while the 4strokes piston gets one cycle the 2stroke gets 2 cycles in by then
so that makes a 200cc 2stroke have as much power as a 400cc 4 stroke...
soo if its a 2stroke engine u wanna put in make sure its 200cc or more otherwise ur blaster will b weak
and if u want a 4stroke engine in make sure its a 400cc or more

hope i helped

No, no way do want a 4 stroke engine in my blaster....NEVER! but a yz125 yas double the HP of a stock blaster even a stock yz85 motor has more HP than a stock blaster motor

Last edited:
crusty...that is alot of wrong information.

A stock yz125 produces 33whp.
Motor displacement is only one factor in the equation of horsepower.

To say that four strokes have double the power of two strokes is also ridiculous. That may be true in some cases, but it is not a rule of thumb.

Factors I think are important when considering a motor swap are these:
1. Riding style
2. Time investment
3. Cash investment
4. Creative ability.

Look at the bigger picture when planning a project like a motor swap, map out all the costs you think you will incur, and then add 30% to the price.

Reactions: STurnerXM2010
i see what you mean about horsepower but the weight of the blaster is far greater than a yz125 so now where is most of that hp going? that right a bike has 1 wheel and a quad has 2 really wide tires so dont you think the friction is fargreater and maybe thats why the blaster has less hp?
think of it this way.. bolt a blaster motor in a yz125.. i beleive the yz125 would go alot faster because this engine was made to handle alot more friction so it puts out alot of torque. soo with one small thin tire rather than big wide tires the yz125(with a blaster motor) would go faster dont you think?? im not positive but thats my way of looking at motor swaps.. ya kno

Nope

The 125 is a more powerful motor. It will move either frame faster. The problem is on how much "friction" or force they are built to take. The 125 is made to move frame and rider that is less than the Blaster. So it may be that it will not last very long pulling that bigger frame around. Someone mentioned that the 125 was 33hp, that's alot more than a stock Blaster.

hp= work over time

The more hp you have the more work you can get done.

I would be worried that the 125 is too light duty for hard Blaster riding. Don't know though, never dicked with a 125 before.

A

look @ the 90cc mod kids who run cr 80 motors in blasters. those things haul a$$ compared 2 a stock blaster or even slightly modded ones. don't forget that liquid cooled motors are better in general also b/c they can take slightly more abuse because they run more constant

Well said oldfart.

It's not so much about rolling resistance (what you referred to as friction) as it is about power to weight ratio and gearing.

The gearing of the machine has to match the powerband, weight, wheel size, etc...everything is interrelated in the whole package to determine acceleration and speed.

dt200 direct fit its liqued cooled and 32hp no mods just buy the braket for the rad i just bought one

your setting yourself up for faliure and alot of confusion if you go with a dt200, you will be sadly amazed at how little power they actually produce, hp isnt everything, reliability means more to me and those motors are weak and they tend to blow with any hard riding at all they are rare for a reason, everyone knows there not worth the time and money, and yes the old yz 250 motors are 2 stroke, i had one that i considered putting in my blaster and i wish i would have, my friend put it in his and its faster than a race ready 250r, or a blaster with a 240 kit. i kick myself every time i ride with him. but the cost of repair is alot greater than a blaster motor is too. id just go and get a blaster motor, 240 kit and a good carb and pipe, you can get a stroker crank too and in that case the blaster would be faster without a yz250 motor.
ive also seen a highly modified blaster, with a quadzilla 500(also 2 stroke and insanely fast, 90mph plus} motor in it, so think about your decision you can do alot to these things but it all depends on what you consider to be the right way for you.

I think im going to go with a old air cooled yz250 engine or most likely a liquid cooled yz250 by the time it is done it will be cheaper than a 240 kit, pipe, reeds, and all that crap only paid $50 for the blaster just really only needs a bottom end.

Hmmm...

Well I'm the first to agree HP ain't real. A two fold increase has value, though.
It's kinda apples and oranges.

You can trim down a motor for a run, like a top fuel dragster.

It works once, smokin' awsome.

Next time may not even start.

On the other hand, a tractor style diesel with minimal maint. will run dam near forever.

Both have serious power, both have advantages. It's purpose specific.

Like I said the 125 "appears" to be the better deal on the HP basis.

Twice the HP is a hard ratio to dismiss.

That said, how long will it last?

Like Moots' said the gearing will be key along with other things.

You don't see Hemi's on mini bikes for a reason. You don't see moped motors in car sized vehicles either.

Gotta pick your purpose and make sh*t work.

Balance...

A