engine trouble

joeydix

Feb 26, 2008
long island NY
i have a 96 blaster stock and it ran pretty good for what its been through. but some time over the summer it had just shut off on me when i was riding and refused to start back up. so i put a brand new carb on it and it started right up. but now if i throttle it just a little to fast it will bog out and stall. any help??

sounds like it is running to rich this can be fixed by lowering the needle in the carb slide, but i would also do a compersion test to see if you need a rebuild. I've had it happen before, if the lowering the needle doesn't help then lower the size of your main jet

you will have to get a compression gauge and it screws into your head where your spark plug goes, you cant get them about anywhere but you may be able to rent one fron either autozone or advance auto parts!!!

What do you have to do to lower the needle in the slide?

Pull the carb off take the top cap off and pull that out of carb u will see a spring and slide needle goes through that and out the bottom of slide there are two philips screws in the slide that hold the needle in take them out and pull needle out and there is a c-clip just move that down sorry if this isnt simple as i could of wrote it

Did you remove your tors system? If you didn't remove your tors system your wheeler will continue to bog out. Your wheeler has a tors brains since it is an older one and there is a page on here somewhere with detail instructions on how to remove your tors system, but i know if you haven't removed it that is your problem.

I have the same problem as him pretty much. Starts n will idle kinda... give it gas it will rev but too much and it will bog and die.

thanks bigdblaster. however, punctuation does help the eyes...

Pull the carb off take the top cap off and pull that out of carb u will see a spring and slide needle goes through that and out the bottom of slide there are two philips screws in the slide that hold the needle in take them out and pull needle out and there is a c-clip just move that down sorry if this isnt simple as i could of wrote it

your correct all except for the part where you said move the C clip down, if you move the C clip down your raising the needle which is making it even richer so you wanna move the C clip up one notch.