Engine oil recommendation (crank case) and introduction

FF119

Sep 11, 2017
Hello Blaster Forum and members, I'm new here to your forum and would like to Thank you for allowing to join, In not new to the quads, dirt bikes or motorcycles , but, I'm not real familiar with the Yamaha Blasters, I just recently picked up a cheap Blaster from my neighbor and in need of your help, from what I have found it's a 1991 and I need to know what you all recommend for the crank case oil ??? ( Engine / Transmission ) I have no owners manual and would like to drain the old oil that's in it now before the quad goes anywhere. Thank you. I have already drained and cleaned the tank, cleaned carb which was in diers need of a good cleaning, new hoses, etc.

Get the owners and repair manual here....
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

Any 10w-30 engine oil free from friction modifiers will work in the gearbox.
I like Mobile 1 4T designed for wet clutch bikes/quads

Induction oil will depend on if the injection is still connected and working or it's been deleted and the fuel/oil gets mixed ?
Both Yamalube and Maxima Super M come in both injection and mix formulas.
Use the correct formula.
I like the Maxima

Reactions: coalminechickey
Awk08, thank you for the reply, I figured as much but just wanted to make sure. The quad needs a little TLC but for the most part it's in great shape, all plastic is in good shape , seat is perfect, should make my kids a good lil quad to have fun with. :)

Reactions: Awk08