Engine from 2001 Blaster into 2005 Frame?

xronronx14

May 7, 2011
Hi would a blaster engine from a 2001 go into a frame from 2005 the frame has almost all the parts except the engine all the shocks and swing arm and axle etc. does it have the same motor mounts? im just wondering if it would be worth getting because its cheap. also if it is possible how do you remover the engine from the frame?

Out with the old... in with the new. It will unbolt just fine and bolt right up to my knowledge.

don't forget the stators are different. 88-02 are 4 wire 03+ are 5 wire. IIRC you'll have to ground the green wire on the harness.

On the older stator plate (88-02) has four wires which go into the harness. One ground, one power from the source coil, one power from the lighting coil, and one trigger signal from the trigger coil.

The newer stator plate (03-06) had 5 wires. One ground directly to the plate and frame, one power from the source coil, one ground floated to the source coil and isolated from the frame, one power from the lighting coil, and one trigger signal from the trigger coil.

If you have an older model stator plate but a newer harness you'll need to pull the stator plate off and float the ground on the source coil into a separate wire which can plug into the green/white wire on the harness.

but if im just moving the engine from my 02 blaster into the 2005 frame why do i have to mess with the stator?

you dont man... this is only if you had everything from the 05 and were only switching the engine i.e. using the wiring from the 05... just keep doin what cha doin bro itll be fine

Hey i got a question for anyone whos lookin i have an 89 blaster with and 01 engine bored and stroked i have a fmf powercore silencer and am about to get a downpipe should i get the downpipe for the engine model year or the frame model year

I'm running into the same build. Can I just buy a 03+ stator and switch it?