DT-250 Motor

there junk blaster motors are way better, hence why there in the blaster. dt250s are worthless and blow up at the drop of a hat. i dont know if they bolt up or not but i wouldnt even try, if you want a good motor to put in your blaster, one thats a little better find yourself a yz 250 motor, or do what my friend did and fully costomize it and throw in a suzuki cb 650 crotchrocket motor!!!! that was almost too fast, he extended the swingarm 18 in and put drag racing slicks on it from a 67 chevell ss. it had so much power he had to modify the sprocket so there was two sprockets and two chains, he spun the bead off the tires at a drag strip here in MI, it ran about 123mph, and got a 1/4 mile time of 9.76 seconds, and holds the record at kaleva drag strip, in Kaleva, MI. if your gonna modify you may as well do it right! good luck with that dt250 motor.

wait so the dt200 is the same cc as a blaster but holds almost 15 more hp? i dont get it? do you have any tech links dealing with this?

Found some Specs pn the dt200

Displacement:195cc Bore and stroke: 66X57mm Transmission: 6 speed Starting : Primary Kick Ignition : C.D.I. Brakes:front and rear disc ( 1989 and newer) Compression ratio: 6.4:1 Horsepower:33@8500rpm Torque: 23.5 N-m (17.4lb-ft)@7500 rpm Standing quarter mile:14.73 seconds @ 138.46 km/h (86.04mph) Top speed 162 km/h (101.25mph) Carburetion: One Mikuni TM28SS Ignition: CDI magneto Suspension Front:Telescopic front fork; air adjustable; 270mm travel Suspension Rear: single shock swingarm;adjustable preload and compression dampening;270mm travel Ground Clearance: 315 mm (12.4 inches) Dry Weight: 108 KG (238lbs) Fuel capacity: 10 L ( 2.2 imperial gallons; 2.75 US gallons) Oil Tank Capacity: 1.2L;(1.1 Imperial quarts; 1.38 US quarts)

33 hp, damnnnn, if those are little to no fabrication for installation im def. going to do that swap. another thing that caught my eye was the 1/4 mile stats, 14 seconds!!! i think the top speed is a little off, 101 mph? stock? no way

that 1/4 mile time might even be wrong, because those are real good stats

i don't think the dt250 bolts right in.. but im not positive... if it were me.. i'd just do the Dt200 swap, its well worth it on its own

I've been looking for a DT250 Motor here in Germany, but they can't reach the power of a DR200R, they're lower than 30HP!
The Dt200R cylinder has the intake system directly in the crankcase, so it will make much mor HP than my stock blaster engine, the bike it was built in had 35HP in the documents.
I'll try the vito's +3mm crank with woessner piston, softly ported and pollished cylinder and my FMF Fatty with Turbine Core, perhaps I can meet the 40HP :) .