Drag blaster Build/IMO Durby

New light weight aluminum polished tie rods I had made by "Ridiculous Fabrications".

opwvgk.jpg

5nvgr5.jpg

Got my chromoly struts made and coated yesterday.

2i87x4.jpg

Reactions: dirtysquared
Thanks stroked. I appreciate it. It's a roller now. Getting close to completion. Need to get the wheelie bar fabbed up next. I will start on it today.

Woot Woot!!! Swingarm came in.

23h9jpc.jpg
Well this build hit a wall a bit. This^^^^ swingarm is built incorect. This one is getting returned as we speak. A new one has been ordered from a different manufacturer. Hope to have the new one within a few weeks.

It looks crooked. Is that what it is? where is this one from?
No it's not crooked. The carrier tube needs to be shifted over to the right more in order for everything to line up correctly. I will wait till I get my money back and see what the seller says when he gets it back and has his chance to look it over before I say anything. I have never seen one built by this person or style before for a blaster.

I hear ya on that. Give the seller a chance to correct things.. We all know chit happens..

I have been doing alot but unfortunately still no swingarm :( Supposedly will be here this week. Which will leave me about 8 hours to install it( if it arrives) before I leave on Friday morning for racing. Just finished the motor yesterday. Big thanks to kor. I will post some pics later of a complete front half of a blaster dragger, lol Modded my clutch cover to fit lockout, had to buy a set of new alky lectron carbs, had to get a custom intake boot modded to fit a 40mm carb, built the wheelie bar, etc etc Been very busy trying to wrap us both draggers and get them ready. Pics coming later. Sorry for no updates recently.

The first race weekend has come and gone. I tried my best to get this thing on the track but unfortunately it didn't happen. I was being dicked around by the company building the 2nd swingarm for this bike. That's a whole different story and thread coming. I left to go racing on Friday mid day after my mailman called to say he did not have my swingarm:( I packed this bike along with every part I had to go on it in the trailer just in case, along with the green dragger. I had test and tune Saturday all day. My father was nice enough to go check my mail on Saturday afternoon to see if the swingarm had shown up. I couldn't believe when he called and said it had shown up. My father drove 2 hrs north and I drove 2 hrs south Sat night to meet up with him and grab it. 2 hr ride back and I was at it wrenching till 1:30 a.m on Sunday trying to get it wrapped up.Only thing I had left was to rework the bottom wheelie bar mounts to fit the measurement the builder chose. The swingarm builder was supposed to put the round carrier pinch bolts at a certain measurement ( originally built it for the 1st swingarm) as we had spoke and texted about and did not. The pinch bolts were not square and you couldn't even get bolts through. The brake stay pin on the swingarm was too large for the correct brake stay. I over came all the bumps and hurdles and had the bike ready to fire and give it a few runs on Sunday. I get up early Sunday and head down to my buddies shop to use his welder. Once there I realized that I had to rework more than I thought. At that point it was getting later by the minute so I made the decision to throw in the towel on this one so I didn't miss the race starting at 9 am on Sunday. There was no way I was taking this bike down the track without the bar on it. The bar will be reworked and the bike will make it out in 2 weeks at the next race. Sorry I didn't get many pics but here is one of it in the trailer Sunday morning, and one of me on green racing Sunday. BTW did I mention TYSON RACING SUCKS!!!!!

2n68zde.jpg

ouum4k.jpg