Hey i need help with my jetting
2004 blaster stock motor
Vf4 reeds
No air box lid ( 400ex shock)
Tors delete
Stock pipe
Dg silencer
Brand new pro filter air filter from ebay
The elevation of my city is about 248 feet.
I have jets 230 all the way to 300 where should i start i have lots of plugs just would like an idea

Yes oil block off plate i mix gas 32:1 with yamalube and high octane, temps go from -10 to +30 C or 10 to 86 F im in ontario canada

Well it's still cold up north...at least for a few days anyway . I would start with a 260-270 main...needle on middle slot and start with the air screw at 1.5 turns out from seated . Plug chop to confirm

Reactions: Blaaster
Well it's still cold up north...at least for a few days anyway . I would start with a 260-270 main...needle on middle slot and start with the air screw at 1.5 turns out from seated . Plug chop to confirm
Okay thanks ill start with a 260 and plug chop to confirm

Ahhh okay i have a question i have my tors delete done i have a 250 in atm but my idle screw is all the way in is that normal i dont think it should be all the way in to idle the air screw is at 1.5 turns i really need help its running good i just dont want it to blow up at the track tuesday

Should i pull carb and run a leakdown test i have already blown up a set of cases and dont wanna wreck my new bike as nobody would, i will have to make a tester at princess auto tomorrow morning. They floats are set correct and needle is in middle

You need to file or grind down where the new idle screw goes . Make sure its straight and clean the carb from shavings before you start it . Yes do a leakdown test before you fire it up

You need to file or grind down where the new idle screw goes . Make sure its straight and clean the carb from shavings before you start it . Yes do a leakdown test before you fire it up
I did good man im its nice and flat i promise haha how much are you suppose to take off after is good and flat?

Need one more fitting for leak down tester and will be running a leakdown test how long do i leave it pressurized for at 7psi? I heard 10 blows gaskets ? Guess i will not be going to gopher dunes tomorrow :( but appreciate the help alot

If you're just doing a head mod, go to a local reputable shop. No need to be down 5-10 days for just a resurface of the head.

If you want cylinder work, do some research, call around and talk to 4-5 builders and explain what you're looking for. Let them tell you what they can do, and what to expect.