DMC Alien Exhaust

A
If you are 2-2 1/2 turns out on the air screw you will not need the 35 pilot as you are running at the top end of rich on the 32.5.
An isn' turning the air screw OUT giving more air and making it lean and turning it IN towards the direction of seating it making it rich? :confused:

IF you are worried about some real power between your legso_O
park a yz250 next to your blaster and focus on riding faster
and stop worry about how fast your ride is.
there is people that could beat you on a rt100/xr100 you name ito_O
DO YOU WANT TO RACE?:p

Reactions: ProjectBlasturd
IF you are worried about some real power between your legso_O
park a yz250 next to your blaster and focus on riding faster
and stop worry about how fast your ride is.
there is people that could beat you on a rt100/xr100 you name ito_O
DO YOU WANT TO RACE?:p
Lol I am concerned about running too lean

If you fit a bigger jet you will have to open the air screw more to get more air to the pilot.
I'm running a 320 main, and needle on the center slot. I don't think the pilot should be out 2 1/2 turns on a stock 32.5 with that size main am i wrong? Someone on here told me with that size main, my snorkel off, and with the 20-30 degree weather I'm in right now I should upgrade to a 35 pilot since I'm getting hanging revs

I would be more concerned that the larger jet will only mask the real problem causing the hanging revs, which would be an air leak !!!
I'm not going back to see if I already mentioned that, or if it was a different thread.

You need to do a leak down test !!!
You already know that MOST set-up using a stock carb use a 32.5 pilot. I'm ported, Vito's dual reeds, Fat Bastard pipe and use a 32.5 .

Granted ALL set-up are different , but a simple test could save you big headache !!!

Just saying .........,...

I would be more concerned that the larger jet will only mask the real problem causing the hanging revs, which would be an air leak !!!
I'm not going back to see if I already mentioned that, or if it was a different thread.

You need to do a leak down test !!!
You already know that MOST set-up using a stock carb use a 32.5 pilot. I'm ported, Vito's dual reeds, Fat Bastard pipe and use a 32.5 .

Granted ALL set-up are different , but a simple test could save you big headache !!!

Just saying .........,...
I've already done a leak test and it checked out good. The temps by me right now are in the single digits. I can almost willing to bet the hanging revs are being caused by the super cold air causing a lean condition. Because someone on here told me the cold air condenses and allows more air to enter the carb causing a lean condition and that I need to be running as rich as possible for these temps

I may or may not have noticed your results of the test. To me "good" results is holding 7lbs for more than 7 minutes.

You're right about richness, as long as it's not blubbering, it's not too rich. Better to leave a horse or two in the barn than to push it back to the barn . A pilot jet is cheap enough to try.

Also be aware that you can cold seize at these temps, no matter how much you warm it up. My son did on the ice , and it was a two mile ride to the lake. 0* wfo 6th gear :( A piece of cardboard in front of the engine/exhaust will protect it from wind chill.

Below zero last night, single digits today :mad:.

I may or may not have noticed your results of the test. To me "good" results is holding 7lbs for more than 7 minutes.

You're right about richness, as long as it's not blubbering, it's not too rich. Better to leave a horse or two in the barn than to push it back to the barn . A pilot jet is cheap enough to try.

Also be aware that you can cold seize at these temps, no matter how much you warm it up. My son did on the ice , and it was a two mile ride to the lake. 0* wfo 6th gear :( A piece of cardboard in front of the engine/exhaust will protect it from wind chill.

Below zero last night, single digits today :mad:.
It has a slight hanging rev and it will blubber a bit at near WOT

At this point might as well do a full throttle plug chop. Unless you can live with a little blubbering.
Lol I can live with it........butttt it' annoying haha. I think I'm just gonna leave it parked until spring and use the rest of the winter to build it up