DIY Swingarm Extension

And a lil paint. Its not perfect but for about 30 dollars worth of material beats paying 250 for the ebay ones. Ill do the other side and relocate the shock mount shortley

IMG_20111120_111428.jpg

nice job on it, i wouldnt really say its a DIY lol...70% of the members heres prolly dont have access to the tools and materials needed for this but thanx for the thread dude..it helps, also did u have it set in a jig or clamped down while u welded it, i found that out the hard way when i fixed my swingarm shop ebay swinger

Threw experiance you can extend them without a jig and get them pretty damn straight by useing good clamps and a good solid bench and useing some good old common sence and not going crazy with the heat.

Awesome thread! I have all the materials to do this and I'm really tempted but I'm not 100% confident in my skills to pull this off & if I screw it up or my swingarm breaks once I'm test riding it then I'm really screwed cause that's an expensive mistake since I will have to replace with a new swingarm. It might be worth an extra $70 and have one of you guys do it for me... But thanks for the info

Looking good,Instead of 1 shock mount,try using 2 plates with multiple holes for adjustable mounts and the ability to use longer or shorter shocks wit adjustability for terrain.
I did this with the one i extended and love it.I raise it up for mountain riding and lower it for the flat lands.
I went to photobucket to find a pick for reference but they changed their format and i can't figure how to copy n paste just yet lol.But i posted it here somewhere once.

Mmm, I don't like where the swinger was cut... from an engineering point of view, that would be quite a weak spot. I suggest rather doing the cut right at the back, where there is a large area to join, and use 6mm plate, and crossbrace aswell.

Attachments

• rps20140211_125927.jpg
    rps20140211_125927.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 573