DG front frame guards

atxjoker

Aug 1, 2011
South Texas
i wanna know what the DG front frame guards look like on a blaster and if its possible to run a front bumper with them... thanks please post pictures or opinions...

Just ordered one so I will post photos and let every one know what they are like.

Info about them:
DG YAMAHA BLASTER 200 ALLOY FRONT FRAME GUARD 72-4200
Brand New DG Yamaha Blaster 200 Alloy Front Frame Guard. Manufactured in the USA by DG Performance. Help keep dirt and mud off your engine. Our Alloy Front Frame Guard will protect the front of your pipe and motor from flying debris. Allows greater air low to keep the engine temperature down.

Just to let everyone know. You cannot install the DG front frame guard and a bumper at the same time.

I will take photos tomorrow of it installed and I will be doing a easy mod to make it fit.

Photos of the DG Front Frame Guard.

DSCN3556_zpshjcxaq3r.jpg

Quality is a bit low on the slotted holes. But the tube clamps are nice as they have a threaded insert press fitted in them and not just the aluminum threaded.
DSCN3559_zpsncpgjkap.jpg

The guard sits on the frame nice.
DSCN3557_zpslukw5rwd.jpg

But the clamps not that good. They fit 25mm tube but not the 28mm tube on this part. Also not 100% sure that the rectangle part goes where I have it. as its loss and rattles.
DSCN3558_zps3nzpckxb.jpg

I already have a new idea on mounting it. Will take a photo of how the bumper fits with this guard on in a day or so.

Last edited:
Here is a update on the front frame guard.

bumper will not fit with the DG guard installed.
DSCN3589_zpsf7ewwmmw.jpg

So I cut out the top of the DG guard to make the bumper fit.
DSCN3591_zpsu6ruvb72.jpg

DSCN3590_zpsaivtazgs.jpg

How I ended up mounting the DG guard was I installed a bracket in the frame. Not using stock mounts you get with it.

Finished.
DSCN3592_zps78leoiqo.jpg