Crank specifications

fouchis

Dec 16, 2015
Wrightsville, PA
has anyone reused a crank that was at the high end of the specs .28? If yes, any problems or does anyone recommend just putting in a new one.

(Shaft gap)

i would be worried how many hours are on the bearings.
it is within specs per manual
do you have a good set of feeler gauges orrrrr:)

Just put new bearings in. Just debating on whether or not to use this crank or put a new one in. Used feeler gauges to measure its at .28.

I had bearings laying around, I've just never used a crank that close to the service limit and looking for advice from previous experiences.?

I had bearings laying around, I've just never used a crank that close to the service limit and looking for advice from previous experiences.?
well you got our attention
i would ask ken he does it everyday
and i was talking about the big end rod bearing/thrush washers/ not the case/main bearings:)
although yes good idea to freshen those up
if you replaced the lower rod bearing that means you have a hydraulic press
and prob would not be asking this question lol
others will reply fouchis give it a few:p

Run what you want but it's your decision when it fails. If it's apart and you have new bearings then personally I would send it off to kor and have it rebuilt. If it's close to the service limit now then it will be past it before long. Plus it will start eating away at cylinder walls and piston. Also you are only checking the play in the thrust washers and not crank run out. That thing could be out a good mile and you would never know till it's checked.

well you got our attention
i would ask ken he does it everyday
and i was talking about the big end rod bearing/thrush washers/ not the case/main bearings:)
although yes good idea to freshen those up
if you replaced the lower rod bearing that means you have a hydraulic press
and prob would not be asking this question lol
others will reply fouchis give it a few:p
You nailed it!! I was not on the same page. I'm sending it up to kor to get rebuilt. Thank you everyone for responding.

It's the same old stupid story on here--trying to save money, when it always costs more in the end. I should know this by now!!