cr250 swap in my blaster

allsmilez620

Apr 10, 2010
Just wanted to see what you guys think of my swap. Just finished it up this weekend it went in great with no probs. 100_0847.jpg

100_0848.jpg

100_0849.jpg

100_0850.jpg

100_0851.jpg

thanks,yea took it out for a spin and when it hit power band i wanted to pop up even with my extend swingarm .

Welcome ... Nice project ... tight squeeze on the pipe :) ... Is that a commerical lowering kit or did you fab the shock mounts?

yea i had to cut the pipe apart and reweld it together . The front lowering kit i got off ebay and the back i made my self

Reactions: YZ Otis
I built my 2003 blaster cr250 last spring. It was in "over the bars" at the front of dirt wheels mag. It looks like you cut the front mounts off and moved them and welded them back on. Thats the same thing I did at first and the frame broke just above the mounts on both sides on my second ride. I had to start over and cut out that section of frame, and weld in some heavier stuff. And this time I used rubber type mounts from a honda streetbike. I also see you have no mount hooked to the head where there should be. You probably ought to get er in there stout if you want it to last. Since re-doing mine, I've been on several rides and its holding up great now. But I am selling it on craigslist so I can get something more practical to ride with my 2 year old son.

WOW I wish my blaster had that kind of power what made u want to do that kind of a swap did u blowup the blaster engine or did u just want more power whats it like driving it with that power and with drum brakes

Last edited:
yea iam running led lights i was trying for the baby banshee look lol, and I think putting the cr motor in was a cake walk if your good with welding and fabing up stuff. But like Mudster said there is some little stuff iI have to wrap up . I just wanted to take it for a quick spin to see how she rode.And take some pics

I love reading through these motor swap threads. Maybe I try it some day... Good job! Keep us posted on how it runs and holds up.

sure will ,iam rebuilding the rear end and axle as soon as it is done i will post some more pics. Its not to bad to start with the blaster kickstarter on there it just takes more force but once it is warm it only take one kick

I put a yz 250 engine in mine, I didn't like the vibration so I took it back out, had all kinds of power though.

does the honda motor vibrate much or is it smoother than the yz 250?

here are some new pics got some more

Attachments

• Photo0031.jpg
    Photo0031.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 998
  • Photo0030.jpg
    Photo0030.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 959
  • Photo0028.jpg
    Photo0028.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 965
I finished up the lower motor mount. it is made out of 3/8 in. flat stock. that motor is not going any where lol. I also got my over flow mounted its the old oil tank . It works great, and that thing you in my bumper is a heat sink for the colling system just to help out some and it looks cool to . Just finshed up the rear end to and axle.

Attachments

• Photo0027.jpg
    Photo0027.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Photo0026.jpg
    Photo0026.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 992