Couple questions

200 cc

Sep 29, 2015
So today i put my Brllray 80w gear saver in and after putting 650ml in, the check window is completely covered. should i go by the window? Second I found a almost brand new K&N air filter with the oil for $25,so I thought I would try it. I still have stock exhaust and my air box lid is on. Do I have to rejet for the new air filter?

Thanks for all the help!

the blaster manual calls for 10w-30, not 80 weight.
run it for a while then check the window again.

I'd jump at least 1 size up on main jet for the K&N, maybe 2,
a plug chop will tell you for sure.

The only reason I used the bellray 80 weight, is Ken recommended it. What's a good place to buy jets? Or should I go back to a uni?

Thanks

The sight window lies when filling up the tranny, if you pour 650ml in it will show over full in the window.

The reason is there are 2 levels in the box, after putting in the correct amount of oil, take it for a ride and the sight glass will show the correct level.

I've used the Betray gear saver and just used Maxima 80wt gear oil in a Banshee. Both pour like 30wt, not like 90wt axle lube.
Plus, would you dare doubt Ken's advice?

The sight window lies when filling up the tranny, if you pour 650ml in it will show over full in the window.

The reason is there are 2 levels in the box, after putting in the correct amount of oil, take it for a ride and the sight glass will show the correct level.
Is bike life tranny oil 80-85w good to put into my blaster

Is bike life tranny oil 80-85w good to put into my blaster

never heard of that brand Seth, but if it says "for wet clutches" it should be OK

or just use regular SAE 10w-30, I like the Mobile1 4t,
they have it at walmart, advance auto, autozone and probably o'reillys for you mid west guys

Blaster and most other 2 stroke trannys are remarkably tolerant for what oil you use for oil. Without a doubt vegetable oil would work. It is the clutch that needs special attention. As AWK08 said, it has to be "for wet clutches" which it doesn't often say on the oil bottle. If it says "Energy saving" it is NOT wet clutch safe.

One of the best lubes for wet clutches is Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF). It is a bit thin and may be more prone to leak if there is any problem with the gaskets or seals, but it is good for gear teeth and great for wet clutches.

My son and I were doing some work on his Banshee just this week, and I noticed he had a K&N air filter on it. We checked it and sure enough you could feel fine grit on the inside of the intake port. It was well oiled but I my experience is that K&N is for the drag strip, not the off-road field. Stick with oiled foam filters for off-road.

Reactions: Devo