Coolant leaking from overflow

DrywallDoc

Sep 29, 2015
I have a cr85 that's all stock except for a fmf pipe. It won't stop leaking coolant from overflow. I switched the radiator cap off a working cr80 and still leaked. I did a leakdown test to make sure it wasn't a crank seal or head gasket leak and it held pressure. I checked the impeller and it rotates when I push the kicker down so I'm assuming it's fine. What else could it be? Radiator itself?

If you have one of those Lazer thermometer you could check the temps of different places on motor and radiator to see if it's plugged or something. Might try cleaning it. Also looking head or cylinder for a burp plug, might have air in system causing it to run hot.

If you have one of those Lazer thermometer you could check the temps of different places on motor and radiator to see if it's plugged or something. Might try cleaning it. Also looking head or cylinder for a burp plug, might have air in system causing it to run hot.
Just changed out the radiator off a working cr80 and also cleaned all the hoses. Also burped the coolant system and still no luck. Any other ideas?

Just did a second leak test and still found no leaks. Im usng engine ice. Could a lean jetting issue cause this? Although I'm not even lean on the Jets. I'm running a 128 main and 50 pilot. There is also spooge coming out of the exhaust. Would worn out rings cause this?

Well snap. Is it puking all the coolant out? There has to be some space for expansion as it heats up. Maybe take a water or pop bottle,drill hole in cap, attach it to bike and ride it to see how much it pukes. Never mentioned if it is overheating.

Well snap. Is it puking all the coolant out? There has to be some space for expansion as it heats up. Maybe take a water or pop bottle,drill hole in cap, attach it to bike and ride it to see how much it pukes. Never mentioned if it is overheating.
I'll try that bottle idea. I havent had a chance to ride it in a bit. I don't think it's over heating because it will hit powerband. Seems to ride good other then the leaking radiator.