compression problem

J

jeeping99tj

engine doesnt have alot of compression when kickin over but when it starts it revs real high till you take off as some power but if you pull choke all the way out it has all power. i think it might be oil pump going out but no clue. its one of my buddies wheelers its a 03 . but you can push kick starter down with hand easily.

yo

And it doesn t idle at all with chock off it ran fine last night.

i agree with bigd, but i would suggest unhooking the oil pump if its still hooked up! (just a suggestion to save future troubles!) and REMEMBER if you do unhook it to drain all your GAS and PREMIX(32:1) new gas with HIGH OCTANE! before you fire it back up!

mine was doin the same thing and i figured out it was piston slap, now i noticed that i need new crank seals and this is why you have low compression and it wont idle right. well that is atleast the next thing im gonna try

engine doesnt have alot of compression when kickin over but when it starts it revs real high till you take off as some power but if you pull choke all the way out it has all power. i think it might be oil pump going out but no clue. its one of my buddies wheelers its a 03 . but you can push kick starter down with hand easily.

sound like the same thing my 96 blaster is doing.but mine has compression.

yeah mine had the same exact problem and its in the shop right now getting crank seals! (so yours might be the same thing blaster82)

ok

Ok cool what about a blaster and a polaris scrambler 500 ho with full exhaust jetted clutch kit and k&n and a two teeth small front sprocket. lol this is my wheeler its a piece i hate polaris now and i used to own a 89 blaster and loved it. Just throw some opinions out there.

woops wrong post

MY BAD but thanks guys i am going to tear into his wheeler this weekend and check the piston and reeds. Ill let you know what i find out.

yeah thats what im gettin, pm me on how it does after that, im gettin mine done buy a buddy to save some money cause i aint really good with the bottom end of engines