Complaint

davenichole

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
ok. i have a complaint. not about anyone here or this site. it is a complaint about the state of illinois idea to charge ATV owners $15 for a permit. if you are not riding on land you own and live on, you must have a permit. this goes for all ATV's, UTV's and golf carts. if you own land and ride on it but do not reside on it, you must have a permit. they say the money will go for trails and parks but the state barely even has but 1 maybe 2 public parks to ride on. also, if you live in a town that allows UTV's and golf carts on the road as long as you pay the city's fee, guess what, you'll pay the state for a permit, also. BS from the government.

if u want to ride in wa it's 100 a yr for a pass, then u have to register ur bike also that's about 50 bucks, which u have to have a title... But that is one thing about wa I miss is the trails.

Same sh*t in New York. Charge you to register your ride and claim they will open state land for us to ride on. Then the Department of Environmental Conservation wont allow any land usage for ATV's. But they are collecting the hell out of our money. It up to a two hundred fifty dollar fine for being unregistered.

barack-obama-deal-with-it-on-the-phone-meme.jpg

Hahahahahaha!

Oh I know! haha I ride a quad with no title or VIN because it's a custom frame lol I'd be screwed!

that's another thing too, if they require you to have a title, there will be a lot of people screwed. probably by the thousands. what about the people that have a old ATV, ATC, that just never even came with a title. there was a time when a person was not required to purchase a title with a new ATV. what do we do then? never ride them? sell them for parts or scrap?

i need to make a correction. after looking a little more, i believe there are actually zero public ATV riding parks in Illinois.

It's ~$100 to get the title transferred in WA depending on the bike value and ~$40 for yearly orv tags. I usually get my titles switched and then buy Oregon tags after that (they are $15 for 2 years). There is also a penalty if you wait more than 15 days to do a title transfer, I had to spend an extra $116 a few weeks ago because I waited too long.

its all a scam here in nv we are supposed to be registered most aren't and the local cops say they wony enforce it.Also if we ride on federal land there is no permit or registration needed by the feds and in the remote areas of blm land the local cops wont come unless its an emergency