clutch

M

mxz670

I got a 01 blaster that is all stock, i run it around our cottage in northern MI. I have been having problems with the clutch from neutral to first gear. After it sits for a while going into first gear will stall out the engine. sometime i have to raise the rear end up just to put it into first gear. after that and when its warmed up it runs great. I have messed with the adjustment on the grips to the max and it doesnt help. I have changed the trans fuild but it still does it. Do i have to rebuild the clutch or what else could it be. Any info would help.

sound like you need a clutch, however if you did want to try and prolong it you could pull off the clutch cover and adjust the pushrod,, probly best to just change it,, probly cost $50 and an hour of yur time"if you are mechanical" if you need help doing so, just let us know and someone will help ya out or direct you to the right section,

also one more thing you gotta watch out for,,, like i say probly sure yur clutch is bout gone,,, but when you do change it, if you have adjusted it internally correctly and it is not right, I'v seen clutch cables stretch so if its an older blaster and a stock cable or something you may change it as well... although im a bit "anal"

how much free movement does it have before you pull the clutch? Also, check were the cable connects on the motor, my cable arm on the motor was bent, causing the front adjuster to be uneffective, after I bent it back out, it was better, but the clutch was slipping because it was used too long adjusted improperly (partly because of the bent arm probably), so I had to replace the clutch.

you say you replaced the transmision fluid right? you made sure it was the right stuff and not a car tranny oil? it has to be something WITHOUT anti friction modifiers because its a wet clutch...

I have a similar problem with mine, are there any diy guides to the clutch? I looked and was unable to uncover one. Mine is an 88 and the original clutch.

mine sometimes stalls just after starting when i go into first, before i even let out the clutch. if i was to replace it, what should i buy? i don't want to pay $50+ for something that breaks.

i found out that it's fried. the little stubs are like half of a mm. it is a good thing i found this before too much time went by...:(. oh well. it is official that my blaster is a money pit!

All bikes are a money pit if they aren"t maintained. We ran 32 races one year including practices and never changed the clutch, piston or chain. Just tires and oil.

Make sure that the real tiny, small, if it fell out you wouldn't even see it ball bearing didn't fall out. If you didn't mess with the clutch plates the ball bearing isn't your problem. But if you took the disk off then i'll bet the little ball bearing that goes in right before the shaft on the clutch cover. Could be wrong, but that little fu__er cost me a whole day in the garage.