clutch install?

ncblaster2000

Mar 24, 2009
north carolina
ok im getting ready to replace my clutch in my blaster i got the tusk clutch kit from rockymountain i understand you soak the plates in oil b4 installing my question is should i soak just the steel plates only or the friction disks aswell?

thanks for looking-ncbI:I

I never worked on a blaster clutch but when I replaced the clutch on my dirt bike I soaked all the plates in oil in a large freezer bag. I soaked them overnight.

yea i was told to soak them over night, but when i did my clutch i just let then soak for couple hours and i didnt have any probs with my clutch .

big thanks to everybody who replied
got the new clutch in and back together and see seems to be working great now im waiting for the k&n filter to dry from cleaning and oiling it so i can take her for a good rip new custom plastic arrives next week ill post some b4 and after shot with my new maier custom back fender and front fenders i didnt want the 1 piece front cause i see way too many out there with that
maier has some of thier plastics on sale for the colors thier discontinuing front and back fenders and a new hood only cost me $307 shipped and for u guys liking orange they have some orange peel plastics and fighting red on clearence its worth checking out i got the last of the neon yellow and they didnt have the tank cover so ill run yellow fenders blue tank cover and blue hood and my seat cover is 2 tone black/blue with the blue grips and shock covers it should look pimpin