Clutch help

Josh_bodine

Oct 22, 2013
Indiana
I need some professionals opinion here. I start my 2000 suzuki rm 125 up like normal and i let it warm up for around 5-7 minutes.. It's 30 degrees outside. The previous owner to the bike said It was sitting in the garage not being ridin. So when I first checked the bike out the clutch worked fine.. Wasn't the best (hold the clutch in while in 1st and it wouldn't roll) but now I tried riding it last night and after it was warm I pulled the clutch in and put it in first gear and it poped foward and died. It did the same thing that would happen if you just poped it in first without the clutch staying still. I'm not sure what the issue is.. Is it the clutch plates sticking? It doesn't disengage or engage.. I went down a hill in first gear and rode around and when I came to a stop I pulled the clutch in and it died.. Please help!

could be the cable out of adjustment, or i know if it sits for a little while especially in the cold, your supposed to zip tie your clutch lever in to keep your plates from sticking together, you may have some moisture in your gear oil and freezing clutch plates

Firstly check if the cable is pulling the actuator.

If the plates are frozen together adding any type of transmission oil will not fix the problem.

You may have to pull the cover and release them manually.

Ok so on the clutch cable where it goes into the clutch cover there is a long spring on the cable.. Is that spring supposed to compress when I pull the lever in?

27x351x.jpg

That spring on the cable, is it supposed to compress when the lever is pulled?

When I hold the clutch in and give it gas and put it in first gear it will work.. But if I give it no gas and put it in 1st it jumps and dies

So you have a stretched cable, or worn clutch.

Adjust it all the way out on the lever, if that doesnt help check your plates on the clutch. and/or replace the cable, that will help