***Clutch Assembly Vid - Blaster***

To take the washer off i used a flat head screwdriver and a hammer. Then to put it back on i used a mini crowbar then a pair of channel locks. :) Lemme know how it goes!

Sounds like the pressure plate is on wrong. Did you line up the marking stamped into the pressure plate up with the marking on the clutch basket?

i think this is the clutch arm..how much 'play' should it have,or maybe i need to know how much does it supposed to rotate forward to engage the clutch?..1/2" ?...1" ?

Attachments

• clutch arm.jpg
    clutch arm.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 772
the clutch arm will have play in it when the clutch cable is disconnected.

so long as the arrow on the arm and the case line up when the clutch is adjusted, it will be good to go!

the clutch arm will have play in it when the clutch cable is disconnected.

so long as the arrow on the arm and the case line up when the clutch is adjusted, it will be good to go!
ok so with the clutch cable connected and the clutch lever squeezed ,the arrow on the clutch arm will pass the arrow on the motor?by how much,..i ask because,on my old motor, i think i tightened it too much last time.and tore the crap out of it.bent the arm and i think something broke inside.

not sure how far it travels, just adjust the cable so that you have a little slack when you pull on it.

have you had the clutch apart? have you re-adjusted it for any reason?

when I bought the bike,the clutch cable was said to be stretched,so I go buy a new cable,hook it up and tried to adjust up at the lever on the bars,had the cable adjusting bolt all the way out almost,only a couple of threads left and it still didnt engage the clutch all the way,when I had finished the adjusting there was no play what so ever.lever nor arm..so test drive down the street,squeeze the clutch and coast for a sec and bad noise,no go.switch gears with foot,no go.I look at the clutch arm and its bent over backwards toward the back tires..push home.

Now I think the clutch was about gone before I bought it.
I have a new motor Im putting on now,will rebuild the one that came with the bike.