chinese quad for my son

Red rocket

Jun 20, 2008
its a 70cc 4 stroke chinese quad it ran fine for a while one day he rode it shut it off and tried to start and the startor just spins, so i took off the side were the stator is and the startor is hooked to a chain that runs to a sproket behind this pulley and it just turns the chain but does not turn the pulley dont know anything about these quads please help,how to take the pulley off to see why the sprocket with the chain to the starter just spins.

i had a little pocket bike before, and every other week that sh*t would break until one day i rebuilt it myself, it ran amazing for the year, and before i would have anymore problems with it i just sold it, no offense dude, but i would get rid of that thing, because your only going to run into more problems with it, sell it, save up, and then just get a quad that's reliable, and where you can get quality parts, hope this helps a little bit.

well i know your all just gonna blast me for it but ive got one for my wife, its a 200cc and ive never had any problems with it to date ( knocking on wood ), its been really reliable but it could just be the luck of the draw too so do whatever you think is best...

for some people who don't rip it and pull the front wheels and get air, the chinese quality might do alright for them. anybody who is going to be making it scream, it making it jump, needs to look at a quality manufacture.

yea i had a kazuma 150

trans blew up and shot gears out of the case
reverse gearbox did the same
swingarm bent, which swung up and broke the battery box
then the axle snapped and the cdi caught on fire at the same time.

now its a frame and box of parts that sit in the basement.

get a yamaha while urs still runs